Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SirJW

Dustin Brown Sign Combat Stick Deal

combat sports is the company that owns and operates the "ballistik" brand. it's still the same people, they just aligned the hockey brand with their existing baseball brand of the same name, which has seen a good level of success with their bats.

Just seems like an odd choice to have his own signature stick. And the bit about picking the nickname he likes more, just seems to go against the whole point of a nickname.

Bad quote in the one article by Dustin...his sticks will be made in China, not North America, well of course, unless the US or Canada has taken China over and moved it.

do you mean HIS sticks in particular, or combat sticks in general. I ask because their website likes to point out that their production is all done domestically. there's an employment posting on their site for a maintenance mechanic to look after their factory machines. job location: ottawa.

I kinda knew about this for a bit through a friend of a friend of a friend (lol). I just heard a rep in San Diego was involved in this. Would this make him the second current player to have his own line of gear? The other being Ovi, of course. I'm not aware of any others.

SC87???... and a B's player, who's name escapes me at the moment, has some warrior sticks cobranded with ironhead, of his own design. I think that counts!

I guess the key word is assembled, i'm sure the components are probably still manufactured in China by Truetemper

Does Crosby have his own stick? I thought it was just a 10K with a different colorway, like Tavares has the CL with Islanders' colors.

rbk sells and markets SC87 branded gear. the difference between Dustin brown's gig and the Sid/OV deals is that the two superstars don't actually wear the gear that sports their name/likeness.

A guy I play hockey with, his buddy works for combat. they have a factor or something in ottawa because the guy i know comes back from ottawa time to time with a batch of sticks. the guys around here who use them say they are light, shoot well, and i think some have a 60 day warrenty. i've never used one before, but ive heard good stuff.

i would give a combat stick a shot, too bad i cant figure out how to buy one

Don't know where you're from but PIAS carries Ballistic(Combat).

Team I worked for had Ballistik sticks the last two seasons. Great shafts. The first year the blades were like tissue paper. Last year they were much better.