Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boostinmister2

What Jofa/RBK elbow pads do NHL players wear?

Anyone know the model name and where I can get the JOFA , RBK, JOFA/RBK, Elbow pads that I see all the NHL players wear? I hate the ones I wear and the ones I always see them wearing look very protective.

470_fight_061114.jpg

610x.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, JR said the new Reebok 10K's coming out it the spring will be nice, very similar to the Jofa 5044?

I don't think they are the ones in the picture, but an option nonetheless.

It seems like everyone has extensions on their elbow pads though. Take a look at OV the next time you see him with his cuff pulled up a bit. I don't think you can buy them (retail) like that.

Many of the RBK's are 7k PRO's. They pop up on ebay from time to time. 8K PRO's have the extension.

I'm sure JR can shed some light on the common Jofa models. Seems like the Easton Pro elbow pads are getting popular now as well.

Have the 9044 pro jofa elbow pads. They had the exteneded wrist padding but i cut it off. I got mine from the Toledo Storm. I alot of guys on the wings wear the same ones I have.

RBK/Reebok/Jofa varies their models slightly every year, but the pads are essentially the same even if the name changes. The pros basically pick through these slight variations in the straps, thickness of upper arm pad, etc., and get what they like. That's why there are pro model 5044, 9044, 9144, 7k, and so forth. The extensions, also made by Jofa, are added on later by an equipment manager. They come with velcro on them to stick to the inside of the pad, but I know I've seen them sewn on as well.

I'm not sure exactly, but isn't there a new rule in the NHL about exposed plastic on the elbow pads now? I know guys used to wear the old Jofas with the black plastic cap, too, but I don't see those around anymore.

I'm not sure exactly, but isn't there a new rule in the NHL about exposed plastic on the elbow pads now? I know guys used to wear the old Jofas with the black plastic cap, too, but I don't see those around anymore.

I think there are only a few that are approved

Thanks for the link HSB_b345t

5 more bucks and you can get 8Ks which has the extension, I could actually use those extensions too, since my Easton Synergys have very short cuffs.

Does anyone have a picture of the RBK 10K Elbow pads?

Yeah, those aren't allowed anymore.

Never mind I saw the 10K on the 09 Reebok Catalogue, it follows the new NHL rules. Hmm think I'll get the 8ks, thanks for the help fellas

Anyone know when all this stuff releases? Is it in the spring? I really want the sx100 Solid Practice socks!

All Jofa/RBK pro level pads have followed the NHL rules since 2003.

I think that's when the 9044 became the 9144, right? The way they made the elbow cup was different from the 9044 to the 9144, too. It was shorter almost, as in didn't go as far up the triceps.

Just saw the new 10k elbows at my LHS. Tried them on and took away a few positives:

Super lite, seriously I know its not much in weight but from elbow pad to elbow pad, but these boys are extremely lite. Fit was good, I tried on a large pair and my elbow fit into the deep pockets of this pad comfortably and still allowed for much mobility. Gave the pad a few good tugs and looks like they are built for no slippage. The straps fit well and didn't cut into my forearms.

Hard to say about how protective the material is but it is the 10k series. Anybody have any thoughts on how protective it is?

Overall I think the weight of these pads are what stood out most for myself personally.

Maybe? Not sure but it looks like it could be it.

These are a size small and it says from 5'4" to 6'. I am 6 foot but my nbh one90 elbow pads are a medium. Would these elbow pads be too small on me?

I wear the 9144's. I've seen a lot of the pros with this model. Fantastic protection and very light and comfortable. The equivilant are the 7K's in the Reebok brand name. A little stiff when you first buy them but once broken in you hardly notice your wearing them. In my opinion Jofa/Reebok is one of the best elbow pads on the market.