Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

My custom toe curve on an old Sakic wood blade. I'm waiting on some pictures of the other "toe curves" still available from Hockey Monkey's collection of prostock dolomite blades.

dscf0152d.jpg

haha, I love my toe curves, but damn, not THAT much :lol:

I may have went a bit overboard on it, but I can definitively see some advantages to a toe curve just shooting around with the thing a little bit. I usually use a pretty shallow mid curve. I may have to try and find a couple toe curve blades just to mess around with.

My current blade has a very mild mid curve with a mid-toe hook. Flat enough that backhands and passing are great, but I can take quick snap shots off the mid-toe as well as shooting wrist shots from the mid or mid-heel and it all works well. Strict toe kinks seem to lack the heel-to-toe spin I need for wrist shots.

Mine starts with a Sakic/Draper/Crosby(new) blade. I heat the toe up and curve it a little more, but mostly just open the toe up a little more as well. PERRRRRFECT.

My current blade has a very mild mid curve with a mid-toe hook. Flat enough that backhands and passing are great, but I can take quick snap shots off the mid-toe as well as shooting wrist shots from the mid or mid-heel and it all works well. Strict toe kinks seem to lack the heel-to-toe spin I need for wrist shots.

sounds like my perfect curve...a datysuk retail but it only starts opening at the mid toe part...

It's all about the quick release. He has the whippy flex to load it up quickly, he turns the blade over the puck, and because he doesn't have to follow though high to shoot high, and he's already turned over way low, he gets the shot off very quick and doesn't telegraph his intentions to the goalie.

At least, that's my assumption, I spent a good while thinking about it earlier this week!

Thats insane. No idea how that is even legal. I don't see it as that much of a toe curve, but just completely WIDE open

damn i would never be able to play with that...i'd be taking delay of game penalties all over the place lol

custom stick are made almost to the exact lenght the pro athlete want so they basicly they dont cut their stick or almost ...

Not really. Some are but most are standard length... some are longer, some are shorter but most are standard length.

I really only recall seeing three different stick lengths on new pro stock sticks:

57"

60"

63"

Not really. Some are but most are standard length... some are longer, some are shorter but most are standard length.

I really only recall seeing three different stick lengths on new pro stock sticks:

57"

60"

63"

i dunno why but some sellers write 66" and 68" but i've seen them and i thought the nhl limit was 63"

What, no one complains about it being posted and the price going up?

That's sort of what my work-in-progress curve is looking like but not as...disgusting.

ToeCurve.jpg

This is what I could come up with. I took an old Synthesis blade I had lying around (Sakic pattern), and tried to make a Toe Curve out of it. I'll try it out in my game tonight. If I like it, and it lasts throughout the game, I'll make some customs out of it.