Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Mission/Bauer merger questions

I'm about to have a Q&A with a Mission representative to explain what this means to the roller market.

If you have any questions you would like answered, post them in here.

Well mainly about the boots.

Question

1) will they please make the NME boot for a roller hockey skate? PLEASE!

Issue to bring up.

1) Having looked at roller boots I and others are frustrated by the what they produce of late vs the Ice line. Roller is heavy and feels cheap. Reebok and CCM boots appear to be better quality, are lighter by A LOT and seem to more closely follow the ice line. I talk with a few of the workers at Rollin Ice in san jose. A large 3 rink facility that hosted NARCH and will be doing so regularly. They have been discussing how customers have been disapointed that the roller boots are crap compared to their ice boots. The pro shop has more and more people converting Ice Boots to Roller cause Roller boots are just bad. That and the new white skates are horrid looking. Not everyone wants to stand out so bad.

Lastly Looking around the rink

I see few workers/coaches or adults wearing the newer mission boots. Its either old missions like proto or new NBH boots like xxvr or the new reebok lines. This shows me that people like the boots that are following the Ice lines as to fit and weight.

Having a pair of the NME I will say that if they produce a roller boot it will sell. I took it to the rink and people were shitting a brick on the skate. I showed them how I formed it to my foot so well with the heat gun. MAKE THE NME IN ROLLER!!!!

Is anything Mission going to continue forward besides the roller skates and Itech facial?

Is anything Mission going to continue forward besides the roller skates and Itech facial?

1) Will the Mission brand still exist?

2) What is Bauer's philosphy on the overlapping product lines? If the Mission line for ice is to be dropped, when will this happen and which product lines will be effected (ie skates,gloves, or all overlapping product lines)?

3) What equipment is considered for inline hockey only? What equipment will Mission be designing/making?

4) As far as skates, will inline run independent of ice or will there be knowledge sharing between the groups?

Hope all this make sense. Thanks in advance

What, if anything, is Bauer ownership going to do to enhance the Mission brand and operation?

What additionally will Mission be doing that they couldn't/wouldn't before the merger (custom boot program ala Bauer ice? stick id program?)?

Who is going to run the mission roller division? If its going to be the mission guys, at least they know the market well enough to make changes. If its the Bauer guys, then i dunno whether its a good thing...

Whatever the case, best of luck to the guys at MissionItech... I hate hearing news of mergers, not because we could get a better/worse product, but it affects the guys that are working there.

Thanks JR. I for one am very interested in how things will look after the "shake down". What does he think Mission will look like 12mnths from now? How much will they be integrated with Bauer in terms of development, marketing, sales? Will Mission Control out of California continue?

Will they still release a whole new line of skates every year or will they follow Bauer Ice with a new line every 2nd year, or Bauer Inline, haphazard some new models each year?

Will they be using the same manufacturers?

Will they take over Bauer Inline, if not in name, in management? development? manufacturing? marketing, sales etc?

JR, I am interested about the status of the distributors - as to whether the existing Mission distributors will automatically be carried over by Bauer or will they undergo an evaluation process then Bauer will release their decision. And much thanks for the giving us the opportunity to post our questions!