Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

start_today

Repainted Sticks?

When players use one brand of sticks/gloves/skates that are made up to look like another brand (ie, player has as deal with ccm, but uses nbh sticks), who pays to have the graphics changed, and at which factory is it done? Would ccm be responsible for helping the player meet his contract, or would nbh repaint them so he keeps advertising for them?

I know naslund had his wood sticks painted to look like the vapor line of sticks in the past XX, XXX, XXX-lite and i would assume nike-bauer did it since he had a deal with them

You'd think that CCM/Warrior/Easton/NBH using someone else's graphics in their shop would not be shined well upon by their competitors.

Probably done by the contract company, putting their own graphics on someone else's stick would just seem like the thing that gets done.

but the reason NBH did it for naslunds sticks was because he was using NBH's in the first place... not another brand that got painted over, its like spezza, he uses sher wood woodies, but they painted them to look like the rm19

Naslund never used a NBH product painted like an OPS - he always used the graphics of their best wood.

The only instance of him using something along the lines of what you're talking about is when Mission painted over his Vics to look like M-1s, something that they owned up to and regretted.

I remember someone had a woodie painted like an ultralite. One of the members here bought it from ebay, unfortunetly he asked about it after he bought it.

Oh yeah, of course...

The only "brand crossover" would be CCM/RBK. They're obviously part of the same company so that really doesn't count.

And of course companys that make sticks for larger companies like (formerly)Inno.

things like this happen fairly often in tennis (extremely frequently in the same company, sometimes between 2 companies) since players often use the same racquets for 5-10 years whereas product turnover is closer to 2.

Didn't Lindros use a Bauer woodie painted like a XX when he went to the Rags? But it's still the same company's product.

I'm calling BS on this conspiracy theory.

I have seen a Heaton goalie stick halfway repainted into a Koho stick for Eric Fichaud... apparently the order was cancelled midway through the repainting process on some of the sticks...

its not so much conspiracy at all.... its very simple a player likes a certain stick and trusts it.... he has no deals in place with that company... so a company like Easton offers a deal to use their sticks but instead repaints a stock of the sticks they like... I have personally held one of these Easton Synergy sticks that were actually sherwood wood sticks just repainted... perks of having friends who work for the local NHL team :)

SRI is right, while it is extremely common for a company to dress one of their own sticks as another one of their sticks (warrior painting a dolo to look like an AK or johnson), it is very rare that a company would repaint another company's sticks or allow their sticks to be repainted by another company. with obvious exceptions such as the inno to bauer example brought up earlier but that is a different story.

To follow up on my call of bullshit, do you think for 1 second that of all of the players in the NHL that Easton wants to land, it would be Marek Malik and in order to get him, you need to paint your graphics over his CCM 7k’s? That is classic!

I not only call bullshit, I would love to see the proof. I said it before and I will say it again; I would be willing to bet that Easton would NEVER do this, PERIOD!

Did you know that Malkin uses Warrior sticks painted up to be One90's? :rolleyes:

but Marek Malik is....oh wait

he has used a 7k sick kick shaft for the past 2 seasons and i was assuming that its just a repaint because he still has a dolo blade in the shaft. Also Chris Dury has been using a "s17" for a while but once again im almost sure its a repainted se

In defense of NASCAR, SRI, (not that I like NASCAR) they use the hood from the "stock" car, I believe there may be one other piece. The rest is dictated by premade patterns that NASCAR controls aero and other aspects through.

If I was a pro and wanted to use a 7K, I'd want it to be repainted. I'd also want my head examined. ...Just saying.

In defense of NASCAR, SRI, (not that I like NASCAR) they use the hood from the "stock" car, I believe there may be one other piece. The rest is dictated by premade patterns that NASCAR controls aero and other aspects through.

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure all of the NASCAR cars (be them chevy, dodge, ford, toyota) have the exact same outer shape. NASCAR uses one template for all the cars. The "model" of the car is all marketing, with decals for the grill, headlights to make them look like the stock version.

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure all of the NASCAR cars (be them chevy, dodge, ford, toyota) have the exact same outer shape. NASCAR uses one template for all the cars. The "model" of the car is all marketing, with decals for the grill, headlights to make them look like the stock version.

All of them have different front ends and grills. Why would the grills be a decal? Ever see them taping it up or removing tape? That's just common sense.

Does anyone have pictures of Hull's Z-Mission?

Most of the mystery on MSH is in regards to Warrior and repainting sticks. Weren't their earlier NHL forays subject to a little of the current skepticism as to what's really under the paint?

Oh, and by the way-

The specific guideline is that the hood, roof, and rear-deck surfaces should resemble the consumer unit.