Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monoclub

Lightspeed2 Power VS Lightspeed 2.1

Just wanted to clarify if these two products are the same thing, same steel? same holders? Same rivet holes?

And if someone in could explain why NHB didn't stamp something on the Lightspeed holder to signify it is a "Power" version on the ONE90.

The holder is going back to the Zytel nylon material from the Lexan that it is now. It will also accept regular lightspeed 2 steel. As for why they didn't stamp the holder... I'm not sure. I suppose they thought the writing on the steel or the distinct translucent color was enough to distinguish them.

Thanks.

So, just to clarify:

The 2.1 is the same as the LS Power - with the distinct advantage of being able to fit steel for both LS2 and LS2P and LS2.1

p.s. The power written on the steel had rubbed off!

This is the story I got from guys in the Industry.

Nike thought making a flashy clear holder would sell more skates. Marketing. The problem is, the materials they used had a different shrinkage than the white holders. So when they used the same LS2 molds, the holder came out bigger. You can see this where the holes are further apart, too. So instead of re-tooling the whole process to make the holder come out the same size as a regular LS2, they just started cutting longer steel. The LS2 power was brittle, so they abandoned it. Kept with the marketing though by making a 2.1 steel.

JR im sorry if you answered this already but can 2.1 steel fit into a LS2 holder?

Did you read my post right above yours?

lol my bad

It was a stand alone skate. It had it's two year run and is being upgraded. The new holders werent a good idea so they changed them... Along with the fit and other upgrades.

Ever hear someone say: "Never buy the first production run"?

I have a question for the proshop guys...

I have one90s that had cracked LS2 power holders. I bought the new LS2 holder with LS2.1 steel and had them mounted. The left skate was fine, but the steel on the right skate was bent. Instead of taking the holder off and re-mounting, the blade was bent back to make it straight.

Is this a serious problem? Should I just shut up and skate?

Thanks

Depends on how bad the bend is.

If it is slight, straightening isn't bad - but if it's a bit more, it will revert. You'd have to take out the rivets, and it should bounce back to true. Expand holes, rivet.

Pretty much the easiest way to tell the difference between the LS2 Power, and the LS 2.1 is that the holder is the same, except for the material used to produce it. The 2.1 is basically the bastard love child of the LS2 and the LS2 Power. LS 2.1 is basically the LS2 P, but made with the material from the LS2. The radius and length of the steel ( LS2P and LS 2.1) is the same.

The above is to the best of my knowledge. If I am mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

Got it wrong -

It's not a new holder.

LS2.1 corresponds to the steel which was tweaked to fit on a LS2. The holder is a LS2 with blue accents instead of grey or red.

If you overlap a LS2.1 runner and a LS2 runner, you will see that the LS2.1 is a tiny bit longer, a couple of mm at the toe and heel. The fishhooks and bolt slots line up exact so you can use either of them in any LS holder, except of course, the old clear-blue Power ones. The 2.1 runner is longer, but none of the extra length touches the ice, so performance is the same as the LS2 runners. If Bauer improved the quality of the steel on the 2.1's that's a benefit for sure.

Will LSP runners work in LS2 holders? If a clear blue LSP holder breaks and you were to replace it with a LS2 could the steel be reused? Also would my LHS have to drill new holes?

No, only steel to work in the ONE90 holder is LS2P.

Sorry to further confuse the issue JR but what I was trying to ask is can the LS2P steel be used in LS2 holder. In other words if one of my LS2P holders breaks can I replace it with LS2 and still use the steel that came with the skate in the LSP? Sounds like I would have to either get a replacement LS2P holder or get new LS2's and new steel.