Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stickglovesshirt

Nike ZOOM AIRS was this the high end model?

No, these don't have the composite soles. These are from the second year Nike made skates. The top of the line were still the air accel elites, but they came in both white and black. The second tier were in this style, both black and white, but had half composite soles. So these are below that. But they do look in good shape.

The Nike boots from this era really aren't all that desirable. They are extremely heavy. I had Accel Elites and they basically felt like bauer 5000s but 30% heavier b/c of all the crap on the outside. It is a total style over substance thing.

What the fuck is it with you people and these skates? They're AWFUL! I feel like everyone in the world has a boner for Richard Simmons but me.

Oh, and I just noticed the price, too. If someone seriously pays $250 for those things, I hope the floor just opens up beneath them and sucks them straight to hell.

Well, the original top-line Nike skates were (as I understand) basically just dressed-up Daoust 301s designed for Gretzky. Subsequent and lower-grade early Nike skates were not so wonderful.

What the fuck is it with you people and these skates? They're AWFUL! I feel like everyone in the world has a boner for Richard Simmons but me.

Oh, and I just noticed the price, too. If someone seriously pays $250 for those things, I hope the floor just opens up beneath them and sucks them straight to hell.

Dude, there's a lot of kids on this board.

Well, the original top-line Nike skates were (as I understand) basically just dressed-up Daoust 301s designed for Gretzky. Subsequent and lower-grade early Nike skates were not so wonderful.

No. He wasn't even part of the first wave of Nike boot-wearers. The AAEs were Daoust last.

Dude, there's a lot of kids on this board.

No. He wasn't even part of the first wave of Nike boot-wearers. The AAEs were Daoust last.

If memory serves me, Fedorov was the first to sport them. Wasn't he wearing them before Nike started officially making skates?

I had a pair of the black and silver ones. Pretty comfortable, but not all that light.

I had Ignite 5's. All I remember is that they felt like a brick. They were the first pair of skates that I had, where I actually complained about the weight. So I can only imagine what those feel like, being a bit older.

Fedorov and Sundin. Sundin's was a black boot with a Swoosh on it.

Didn't Stevens have the same set up as Sundin? I know he was one of the early Nike goers.

Fedorov and Sundin. Sundin's was a black boot with a Swoosh on it.

Didn't Stevens have the same set up as Sundin? I know he was one of the early Nike goers.

Yeah, Stevens had the same as Sundin....there were a couple other players too. Cam Neely had a strange pair, but I don't remember exactly what they looked like.

the only thing i can say about the nikes i had from the first year is that they lasted me 10 years but yes heavy ,,,, very heavy :(

Those are brutal. I have a pair of the air accel elites, the ones gretzky was wearing brand new. I would never wear them, they are going in my "game room." But thats not the only reason, its cause I had another pair that were so bad and painful to wear.