Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djinferno

Malkin usin a dressed up Dolomite?

Yeah, you're both wrong.

I have posted several times that the new NBH sticks will have checker-weave blades. Due to the composite shortage, a lot of the manufacturers are going with this wrap. It is not exclusive to Innovative/Warrior. Never was.

Yeah, but it's definitely a repainted warrior. I saw Joe Sakic using a warrior painted as a stealth. You know, everone in the nhl uses warrior exclusively. :P I'm just messing with ya.

Kind of ironic that this thread claims that companies are repainting warrior's sticks, huh?

Yeah, you're both wrong.

I have posted several times that the new NBH sticks will have checker-weave blades. Due to the composite shortage, a lot of the manufacturers are going with this wrap. It is not exclusive to Innovative/Warrior. Never was.

does this mean better quality or worst?

Right off the bat I want to say worse because I liked the older-style Inno weaves compared to the checkerboard styles.

What does the checker weave have to do with this composite shortage? Does it use less materials, or lower quality/different materials or something?

Yeah, you're both wrong.

I love how JR clearly indicates that it's not a repainted Warrior, and you comme tell him right after that it's definitly a Warrior!

What does the checker weave have to do with this composite shortage? Does it use less materials, or lower quality/different materials or something?

Gotta take what you can get...

Dude, there's no absolute way NBH will repaint a Warrior. No way.

Dude, Im just telling you what he said. I don't see why he would lie? NB couldnt have been happy that he was using dolomites, so I dont see what the big deal with be?

I highly doubt that warrior or any company would let another company paint over their graphics/stick without some sort of deal(ala inno/bauer).

Plus how well could the NBH paint stick to the warrior paint that's on top of the innovative paint :P

Dude, Im just telling you what he said. I don't see why he would lie?

To make you go away, because he didn't want to answer any more questions about Malkin's stick, or how sharp Colby Armstrong's skates are, or what size jock Sergei Gonchar wears?

No need to dish out insults...

Let's analyze this instead -

1) No way Warrior ghosts the ONE90. They have no reason to. In an industry driven by market share (the NHL) nobody is going to give the competitor free advertising.

2) For NBH to repaint the stick/apply graphics is somewhat cost-prohibitive. They would have to send the sticks to China and apply weight to it by painting it then applying their graphics.

Since you have access to it, why not check the stick? The differences between the sticks are pretty noticeable.

Don't be so sure. This is the same company that was repainting Vic wood sticks for Markus Naslund when he first signed with Nike.

As for the weave patterns on the blades, JR is right. Soon you will see weaves of that type on most companies' high end sticks, and painted blades everywhere else.

Guest superman20

1) No way Warrior ghosts the ONE90. They have no reason to. In an industry driven by market share (the NHL) nobody is going to give the competitor free advertising.

2) For NBH to repaint the stick/apply graphics is somewhat cost-prohibitive. They would have to send the sticks to China and apply weight to it by painting it then applying their graphics.

Since you have access to it, why not check the stick? The differences between the sticks are pretty noticeable.

when will companies will be switching to wavy blades like warrior and whats the difference

Heres some input that might help this argument a little. Last week I received a shipment of One90's from one of our sources. Some of the sticks were standard looking one90's with the rough textured grip to them. However there was also about a dozen we received that looked like One90's but the shaft was smooth with no textured grip and the blades had the checkered pattern on them. It had the same taper as the other one90's but had those two suttle differences. Not sure if this is a pro stock option or not but atleast we know its out there now!

when will companies will be switching to wavy blades like warrior and whats the difference

THe answer is in the thread.