Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakedajewler

Nike Bauer 4500 helmet

I just put an itech x100 visor on my nike bauer 4500 size medium hockey helmet, i haven't tried it out yet, but it just looks a little off, it looks like it doesn't fit on the helmet properly, does anyone else have this same set up? if so can i see a pic? has anyone had any problems with this set up, there just seems to be something off about it

it looks like the visor is just a little bit to big for the helmet and also it looks like it's a bit crookett, eventhough it's on straight and all the screws are lined up in the right position

I have the exact same setup and could not be happier. As with anything using the replaceable Itech lenses the visor will fit fatter than most other visors on helmets. However after proper fitting I have nothing but praise for this setup as I get an excellent visor on probably my favorite helmet. Here are some pics (sorry for the quality it was a rushed job)

HPIM0141.jpg

HPIM0139.jpg

HPIM0138.jpg

I would suggest taking it apart and redoing the brackets. Like I said I have nothing but love for this visor, as it's exactly like a pro modified aviator (although bigger obviously) with cheaper "down the road costs" due to the 2 different replacement lenses.

thanks for the pics man it looks great, mine looks just like it except in the 1st picture from the side my visor just looks like it's on more of an upward angle, i guess i'll just fool around with the brackets, thanks about for posting

oh one more question do you use itech anti fog spray on the outside of the lens?

nahhh its not an oakley so i have some no name antifog/cleaner (challenger is the brand name, i live in vancouver canada and my LHS didnt have the itech spray) and it works like a charm.

However warm soapy water and a soft towel will do just fine because i do that and its crystal clear afterwards (assuming you dont touch it with bare hands, hold in a towel or wiping cloth after drying) and just apply my spray inside and outside for increased antifog and cleaning. just nit picky haha

to be honest save your money and just use warm soapy water.

man that's the exact same thing i was thinking i don't like the way it looks, did you just take a knife to it?

I took out the pad and used some very sharp medical scissors as well as the sharpest knife I could find to slice away the material. Then I reglued it into the helmet with a few drops of Krazy Glue. Not only does it look better but it feels better not having some much pad pushing against my eyebrows and forehead area.

my bro wears the same combo and i sometimes borrow it we had to work on the visor for some time to get it right and he also cut some of the padding out, its an excellent combo though, its light, doesnt fog up much, and it actually protects

hahah yeah not like the crosby oakley straight small special :lol:

you guys really had that much trouble? i guess i was lucky to have the brackets at the right positions. but when you get it done it is so worth the extra dollars.