Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scottish Maple Leaf

Recomended hockey shop in Toronto

A while ago I asked members for recomendations for a good hockey shop in Toronto. After visiting a few I eventually bought some stuff including skates from Just Hockey - Source for Sports at Don Mills Road. The guy that served me (David Oh) was 1st class, very knowledgeable and went out of his way to help. Great selection of skates & equipment & well priced.

Would recomend this store.

Ditto, i went there nearly 2years ago now but what service! They were the first place to try and talk me out of buying top end saying that the vector 6.0 were better value for money etc. I still stupidly bought vector pros which only lasted me a season..... <_<

Ditto, i went there nearly 2years ago now but what service! They were the first place to try and talk me out of buying top end saying that the vector 6.0 were better value for money etc. I still stupidly bought vector pros which only lasted me a season..... <_<

hahahahaha !!!!

most source for sports spots that I have visited have been great with unbeatable service

From personal experience, I've found that the source for sports/just hockey stores have very knowledgable staff that know their stuff and are great at sharpening etc. They do at times seem snobby though, and their products are sometimes overpriced.

I always go to Majer Hockey on Dufferin, it is run by the guys hwo used to own the centennial pro shop. Great guys, unbeatable service, and the best price around the city.

From personal experience, I've found that the source for sports/just hockey stores have very knowledgable staff that know their stuff and are great at sharpening etc. They do at times seem snobby though, and their products are sometimes overpriced.

I always go to Majer Hockey on Dufferin, it is run by the guys hwo used to own the centennial pro shop. Great guys, unbeatable service, and the best price around the city.

exactly my thoughts, for sharpening i stick to just hockey, but you can't beat majer hockey's prices. i find some staff at just hockey are a little snobby as well, but they do know they're hockey stuff...

I was at Majer Hockey the other day to check out some replacement blades but I didn't have a wide variety of stuff.. I guess I'll check out Just Hockey Source for Sports, although I recall going to the one near Steeles and Yonge and the prices were really high.

Do you guys know any good online shops in Toronto or Canada in general? Why are all the good online shops in the States?!

Why are all the good online shops in the States?!

I'm just guessing, but possibly because of difficulties with GST's, tariffs and shipping -- I've had Canadians tell me Canada Post can be slow. :(

There are no good cheap online stores in Canada that I know of. If you're in Canada and want to find stuff cheap online then your best bet is the Buy/Sell section on sites like this or ebay - and if you're buying on ebay from someone in the US you have to make sure they ship USPS and not UPS or Fedex or you'll get hit with big brokerage fees.

As far as cheap stores in Toronto the National Sports Clearance Centre on Sheppard Road near Weston is about the cheapest place you'll find although while you can find some good stuff there you won't find the latest model equipment as it is a clearance place. Just Hockey does have a good selection and knowledgeable staff - I've never had a problem with anyone there, however; the prices on most things are higher than other places. I've found that in general unless they're having a sale or something their prices seem to be about 10-25% more than a place like National Sports or Sport Check depending on what product you're looking at...of course the staff at those places usually aren't as knowledgeable so it's a trade off. I have gotten a few things at the Just Hockey like my hockey bag and a Nike Apollo shaft for good prices, but they were on special. That's also where I get my skates sharpened - I've had a couple mildly burnt heels, but that's the exception (only two times in the past year or two so it's about once a year).. They generally do a good job with the sharpenings, although I'm no sharpening expert.

Why are all the good online shops in the States?!

I'm just guessing, but possibly because of difficulties with GST's, tariffs and shipping -- I've had Canadians tell me Canada Post can be slow. :(

yeah its super slow canada post, im still waiting for a letter from my g.f thats coming from calgary