Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponty

Hockey Stores In Toronto

I am going to be in Toronto in September and was wondering what stores may carry good pro return hockey equipment?

Its Canada right? Gotta be a few good ones? ;)

Toronto Hockey Repair (i think that's the name), Goalie Heaven: These stores are next door to each other..1590 and 1592 Bloor..both easily accessible by Subway.

Just Hockey SFS is in Don Mills which is fairly nice. It has quite a big stick collection.

Try the ACC. Obviously only Leaf sticks, but they'll have some, or should by then. Generally run around $150, except for Sundin, McCabe, Leetch and Roberts sticks.

If I had to pick one shop for pro returns, I'd say go to Toronto Hockey Repair (aka Goalie Heaven on eBay). Note that not all of their pro return gear will be out on the floor so ask if they have stuff hidden away (for eBay) - not the most organized store IMO, but they usually carry alot of pro return gear and prices are ok (bargaining a possibility). Just Hockey will have a few things (sticks, gloves), but I find the prices high for pro returns (bargaining not a possibility) - compared to THR, this store is very well laid out and organized though. ACC can have some good finds too as Eazy said, but rarely anything in new condition, so watch out for cracked blades (staff usually won't let you take the tape off) and smelly gloves. There are a few other stores that may have the odd thing, but not worth going out of your way as they're pretty far from the downtown core.

Thanks i will also be in Toronto in september looking for new equipment!

There are a few other stores that may have the odd thing, but not worth going out of your way as they're pretty far from the downtown core.

Can you list some of them? I got relatives there so no problem if they are a little far!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks i will also be in Toronto in september looking for new equipment!
There are a few other stores that may have the odd thing, but not worth going out of your way as they're pretty far from the downtown core.

Can you list some of them? I got relatives there so no problem if they are a little far!

Thanks in advance!

1) There's another Just Hockey north of Toronto on Steeles West (between Yonge and Bathurst)

2) Majer Hockey (on Dufferin north of Finch I think)

3) National Sports has a few locations (won't find much pro return stuff there except the odd Synergy) and a clearance center

4) Duke's Source For Sports 416-233-2011 3876 Bloor Street West - never been there although I thought I saw them selling some pro returns on eBay

5) Goalie Crease on eBay (Ward and Patch) is in Richmond Hill way north of the city on Yonge St. (mostly goalie stuff as implied by the name)

6) Original Stx which was mentioned above on Avenue Rd. (again, no pro returns here)

That's all I can think of off the top. Happy hunting.

EDIT: Perani's in London has stuff too - pro return XN10's and R+'s for example but not sure what else - but that's a couple of hours from Toronto.