Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

m0rdecai89

Two Piece Stick Small Crevice Between Shaft and Blade

Just put my first two piece together and I heated up the shaft and blade first and it went in easily but there is a small crevice no more than a CM between the two pieces. I pushed down very hard to make sure it was in all the way while it was still hot. Is this normal or should I redo it?

I had this happen. There was a ridge inside the shaft that was preventing the blade from going all the way in, so I took the blade out, and filed down the inside of the shaft where the ridge was. Puck feel was messed up when there was a little crevice like you are talking about.

Yes, normally there isn't a gap. I've had some blades that had a tiny bit of extra material on one side that made a very tiny gap on the other. I suppose I could have removed the material, but it didn't bother me and it played normally.

If you leave that gap (a cm seems big), when you shoot you'll be putting a lot of pressure on that area on the tenon that's exposed. Heat it a bit more along the whole length of the tenon, and tap the butt end of the shaft on the grounds to help force the blade in.

Some combos have a tighter fit.

Nothing wrong with turning it upside down and giving it a bit of a smack on the ground. Just don't go Thor mode on it. I've done this plenty of times and have never had any issues. Sometimes it will dislodge whatever is preventing the blade from going in all the way.