Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Precision

Who's using a Bauer 77 Flex?

I just picked up a TotalOne NXG Non-Grip 77 Flex. Typically I use an 87 but decided to give this a shot (haha) even though I'm 5'10 195lbs. Anyone else use a 77 flex?

I'm 5'9.75 (:D) and about 160lbs and I've been using an 87 flex cut down 1 notch (so about 92?). I previously used a 77 flex one95 shaft cut down 1 notch (82?) and did find it was a bit whippy for my liking but just recently picked up a Schroeder NXG (77 flex) so I'm excited to give that a shot.

87 cut down feels a little too stiff but I get a good release with it so we'll see how it goes.

Let me know, I've heard NXGs you should go one stiffness level down from where you're typically at. I'm playing high end men's league where you are not cycling, little to no system chemistry and little time with pucks = quick shots.

Let me know, I've heard NXGs you should go one stiffness level down from where you're typically at. I'm playing high end men's league where you are not cycling, little to no system chemistry and little time with pucks = quick shots.

Aren't those some of the things that make a men's league "high end?"

I personally find the 77 flex Bauer sticks play significantly stiffer than rated. They feel like 85 flex sticks in other brands. As a result, I cannot/do not use them. I have tried every Bauer flex profile (Vapor, Supreme, G3/Nexus)

I've been using a P88 in a 77 flex since the One95 came out and it works very well with my body mechanics. Previously I had a PM9 in the One90 and my mother-in-law accidently order the wrong stick for christmas (my One95) and I have been hooked ever since. I have tried the Vapor XXXX in a 77 flex and it felt spongey but the 87 flex felt right. I havent tried the Vapor series since I started using the One95.

By the way, my One95 is still in use today (it's my pick-up hockey stick).

At Monkey Sports in the shooting cage they had some 77 flex sticks, personally when trying them all out I loved it but didn't go with the 77 because I was afraid for some reason that it would be an easier stick to break so I went with the 87. Off ice is obviously going to be different

5'7", 140 lbs and I use Nexus 1000's in 77 flex cut down to about 92. I'm somewhere between an intermediate and the 77 flex, I've found the Nexus to be the best fit for me. The Vapors were still a little stiff.

6 1. 180. And use 75-80 flex sticks. Got an APX2 77 uncut now. Like letting the stick do the work and can still fire slappers.

I use the 77 as well. However after cutting it down they say its about a 95-100 flex. Feels more like a 105 or so but it works great for me.,

You guys think a lower flex and "letting the stick do the work" will make it break easier?

I don't think so. Never broken a stick at the shaft, always blades cracking.

Lower flex doesn't make a stick more fragile. In fact, stiffer sticks bend less before they break.

You guys think a lower flex and "letting the stick do the work" will make it break easier?