Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I put my shin pads behind my tongue and they are about 1/4" to maybe 1/2" to long, and I want to know if anyone has ever successfully shortened before? They rub on the top of the boot right above the eyelets. (ill post a picture when I get home) I figured a dremel to the offending areas would work.

It had foam padding behind it so I just cut that off as well. But this was just hard plastic and a foam pad. I'm not sure if that would work now with how you're describing yours. If you can, take a picture of the bottom of the shin pad, both front and back, and post it. Then someone may have a better idea of how to knock 1/2 inch off.

what did you do about any foam or padding cut that too? Mine has a leather/plastic piece wrapped around the end of the hard plastic.

yeah, putting the edge covering back on - needs some McGiverin...

Back in the day - I did a set of my pads to go over some rollerblades... cut the inch off and then drilled 3 holes (each pad) one on each end and one in middle, then punched leather cover where it came over 'holes' - put in 3 pop rivets with 'rivet bulge on the outside... pads have long since been tossed, but this worked fine.

these daze, I would prolly sub zipties for the poprivets and do 4 holes... ziptie with the nub on the outside...

or if there's a shoe repair place near, they might have the industrial sewer to run a stitch on the edge covering the guard.

or forget the cover, use a heat gun to soften the shinguard edge and feather an outward curl to the edge...

or multi layers of duct tape on shinguard edge after you've rounded with a file... I like the camo color...

lotsa ways to turn the trick...

EDIT: Poprivets did add a cool 'Frankenstein' look to the pads - very apropos to the look of the day.