Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hede

Replace palms - just got it done.

So before the server break down i made a post about new palms on gloves. My old Warrior Franchise had some holes in the palms as these pics shows

IMG_0656.jpg

foto_2.jpg

I went with Pittard palms and here are the result

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

The gloves feels better than new. I am very pleased with result. The http://www.sportverkstan.com in Malmø did a great job on my gloves.

Looks great, and I'm super excited to find out about this place. One of my teammates this past year (Gladsaxe Old Boys) had duct tape holding his tendon guards on, Sportversktan is the answer.

Looks great, and I'm super excited to find out about this place. One of my teammates this past year (Gladsaxe Old Boys) had duct tape holding his tendon guards on, Sportversktan is the answer.

Wich Gladsaxe Old Boys do you play on? I play on Team Royal in Esbjerg so we have probably played against you guys at GAS :tongue: .

Yes they do some great things on broken gear. It was Skatertown that said i should try them.

Digital is my favorite performance palm. Air them out good after each use.

I love digital but have had a couple of palms not hold up long at all.

Wich Gladsaxe Old Boys do you play on? I play on Team Royal in Esbjerg so we have probably played against you guys at GAS :tongue: .

Yes they do some great things on broken gear. It was Skatertown that said i should try them.

I'll PM you :)

Looks like an awesome job. I've got a pair of gloves I've been meaning to get done but none of my LHS/places they outsource to will re-bind the glove after. Of course shipping it out is always an option but it wouldn't be cost effective for me.

They did a great job. I love it :laugh: . Yes i had to ship my two pairs to Sweden to get it don. The cost of shipping alone was about $50. But i have no change of getting new customs gloves made with out a huge cost :sad:

Palms look great. Curious, what was the product you that was being used to keep palms soft? I want to say that guys were recommending Barbasol. Is that right?

Palms look great. Curious, what was the product you that was being used to keep palms soft? I want to say that guys were recommending Barbasol. Is that right?

I have not used anything on my gloves. I remember something about that but never tried.

I did a review on several, but to get to the point: Barbasol with Lanolin.

171389.jpg

-Gloves need to be dry (in terms of sweat)

-Dampen with a tiny bit of water (not drench, just a little on your hand, then rub inside and onto the glove)

-Apply some barbasol on inside and outside (pull liner out before going inside), rub it all the way in until it's absorbed by the glove, then let it dry for 3-5 days (it'll be soft to the touch and it shouldn't feel like semi-rough paper)

DO NOT USE PURE LANOLIN! It stains the gloves and won't wash out. Plus, it leaves a tacky feel and becomes slippery when you sweat. Nothing good from this product.

I'm a bit confused by this soft palms thing. What's the big deal when you dry your gloves and they are stiff? Once you skate you put them on and step on the ice it's not even noticeable.

I'm a bit confused by this soft palms thing. What's the big deal when you dry your gloves and they are stiff? Once you skate you put them on and step on the ice it's not even noticeable.

I have had gloves that were more than noticeably stiff on the ice. It can easily affect grip and comfort

I have been experimenting with eucalyptus oil on all my gear (inside of skates, pants, gloves, shin liner, mouthguard). So far, I am actually happiest with how my Warrior Remix LEs are coming out of it. After only a few skates (prior to eucalyptus oil treatment), they developed a nasty smell, and were turning black in the palms (even though I use white sticks). Now, after each skate, while the gloves are still soaked in my sweat, I throw some drops inside the gloves, and directly onto the palms themselves. The color is just about restored, they smell great, and they are nice and soft.

In SE Asia, you can get a good sized bottle of euco oil for $5-7.

Inside of skates, pants, and shin liners are working out nicely too. None of these areas were ever quite as bad as the gloves, so the improvement has not been as drastic.

Only issue so far is that I think the euco oil ate through my UA mouthguard. Either that, or I weakened it by taking so many times to fit it.

So, the experiment is ongoing, people. In 4 weeks, all my gear could all deteriorate simultaneously- so do not try this at home, or try at your own risk, or just try on a pair of smelly gloves that need rehabbing, that you won't get bent outta shape about if you ruin.

I think you misunderstood what we are attempting to accomplish. Not trying to kill bacteria or the smell of that.

The reason for the lotion is to prevent the glove palms from getting dry and crusty.

I think you misunderstood what we are attempting to accomplish. Not trying to kill bacteria or the smell of that.

The reason for the lotion is to prevent the glove palms from getting dry and crusty.

I get it. The euco oil seems to do that, while also killing bad smells. Just sharing the method of the experiment (drip the oil when the gloves are sweaty, and they come out soft like butter, and smelling nice, and looking clean- like a triple bonus win, so far)