Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Precision

Bauer MX3 Toe Cap Failure Warranty Help

My custom MX3s were sent back after only a couple skates to restitch the left toe cap and relast the right boot from EEE to EE and it came back fixed. Now 2 skates later the toe cap is failing again. I contacted Bauer warranty but am waiting to hear back. Here are the pics.

296B96A1-FA82-4E93-8840-44EB4323362C_zps

0C9601F2-700F-4C45-878D-15C06E6B4923_zps

1. Does it seem like a visible problem to anyone else?

2. Considering Bauer would have to remake the skates, would I be able to tweek my order? Ie: go from stiffness 3-2, change some other things up.

2. Considering Bauer would have to remake the skates, would I be able to tweek my order? Ie: go from stiffness 3-2, change some other things up.

The problem is visible because I can see it in your pictures. My MX3's have not had the same issues, they are not customs. And to answer your second question: you'd have to ask Bauer, clearly.

Yes its a very obvious problem. But your thread title says "Help" so I was asking what exactly do you need help with? You've already contacted Bauer about it.

I never said anything about adding stiffness or if it would correct a problem. I was saying that if Bauer makes me new skates I am going to tweak a few things from my current set up and stiffness is one of them... Going from a 3-2 is going from extra stiff to stock stiffness

Hard to tell from the pictures, but if the toe cap is just a stitching issue, I don't think that they will make a whole new pair of skates when they can just re-stitch the toe cap

Maybe they will go way above and beyond what they need to do, and get you a new pair, but I have my doubts. Doesn't seem cost-effective to me

I am totally ok with them fixing the skates but it needs to be a permanent correction, the already "re stitched" them and 3 skates later... Boom. I love the skates, the fitting was done correctly other than the right needing to be sent back to go from EEE to EE. Now they are working out really well aside from the toe caps.

They contacted me this morning and it seems they are going to shoot for fixing them. I just hope

that this time is going to be the last time I send them back to Bauer

The silver rubs off extremely easily

I wonder if there is something like a thin layer of super clear epoxy you can put on the quarters to prevent this from happening.

The graphics on every Curv composite skate have been prone to flaking off. You could use a clear coat over it, but that's a bandaid.

You could also just use them as tools to play hockey with and live with the scars.

Someone asked me if the silver rubs off easily and I said yes... If you don't like the posts go find another one to troll. You're welcome, I'm a problem solver