Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hcazf

Inline Chassis size help!

Ok so my LHS is downsizing and happened to have a new pair of Nike bauer one 95's in my size. Loved those skates so I picked them up dirt cheap and I'd like to make them my inline skates. However I'm having an issue with the chassis size I should go with. The boots are a 9.5 and I I have mission mags in a medium but I feel like they are to small. The sizing chart says they should fit though. Just wanted some input on if I should go up to a large in the chassis size. Thanks in advance.

In theory you should use a large, medium are for size 6 - 9. 9.5 is really a cross over point, use whatever size you are comfortable with.

I was going to go with the Mission simply for the fact that, if they break I know I can order another set and not have to worry about the holes not aligning. I also have had good luck with them in the past

I also have a pair of sprungs that I have been debating on using. Im just worried that because I have been skating on the Hi Lo for so long that its going to funk up my skating... can anyone who had used both give a comparison or how the transition went for them

I skated on hi lo for many years & made the move to sprungs almost a year ago & have not looked back.They will improve your roller skating especially if you were a ice player first as the cornering , stopping & take offs feel similar to ice.

On your size boot I would go A7 & 76 mm , dual pour for sports court & single pour for smooth concrete.

Like to add too, that if you don't like to fiddle with skates then fixed chassis might be better as the sprungs need regular maintance to keep them performing well, for me the performance of the sprungs out weighs any inconvenience.