Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

wheel hardness

alright so my problem is that i have too much slide with my wheels instead of stopping. background i'm about 215 and i skate hard. i currently use soft milleniums and i've had them about 3 months. and i am already cracking them and has little to no grip. should i go harder? i like the grip i had when the milleniums were new. im open to ideas.

I find Milleniums don't last long at all. I avoid them. At your weight look for something better. Rink Rat Splits or Labeda Addictions. Are you skating on Sport Court?

I'm slightly heavier then you and I have had good luck with revisions, especially the steels. They are a little hard but I seem to make them work. I believe that a cheaper wheel commonly used is the labedea grippers. I have never used them but from my understanding they are durable for larger guys because they are single pour wheels

The reason your wheels might be cracking and losing grip so quick is because that hardness is geared to somebody a bit lighter. I have a buddy that insists on using 74A when hes 220lbs then complains when his wheels crack and lose grip. The RV steel wheel is great for bigger guys and the new Variant + wheel is great too, I have always been a Labeda guy but there are always other options.

If you are sliding too much, you want to go softer. However, at 215, you probably don't need softer wheels what the 76's you're on now. Also, what type of court are you on???

For reference, I play on smooth concrete, weigh about 185 and use 78a hardness and I'm fine. There's too much friction to stop anyway, so I want a wheel that will last. I use Labeda Shooters.