Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julian

Reebok Ribcor skates vs. last years 20k

Just tried on the Ribcor. They do not seem narrower than the 20K's that I have.

Nor do they feel any narrower than my 11K's. They seem to fit more similar to my 11K's than my 20K's.

How has the fit changed from the previous 2 flagship Reebok skates?

Anyone from Reebok-CCM on here?

Anyone else own the previous 2 Reebok skates that have tried on the Ribcor?

Just tried on the Ribcor. They do not seem narrower than the 20K's that I have.

Nor do they feel any narrower than my 11K's. They seem to fit more similar to my 11K's than my 20K's.

How has the fit changed from the previous 2 flagship Reebok skates?

Anyone from Reebok-CCM on here?

Anyone else own the previous 2 Reebok skates that have tried on the Ribcor?

How did they feel compared to the 20ks? I previously had older Gen 9ks thinking of switching back to Reebok.

Nuck, they don't feel as tight around the sides of the ankle as the 20K. Everywhere else, they feel very similar, if not the same. Weight feels comparable.

The new blade holder and steel seems like a nice upgrade, but would have to be skates on to see if you like the change.

They did add a full composite insole under the footbed which is a nice addition. Less chance of rotting.

Does anyone know if the ankle padding is as narrow as the 20K?

The 20K felt great everywhere except right against my ankle bone. I bought a pair and wore them twice, but the pain around my ankles became unbearable after like 20 minutes.

Anyone else encounter this problem with those skates?

Had this problem for a brief bit with my 20ks. But now they are back to fitting like a dream. Do you lace your skates to the top eyelet? I leave the top one open and still experienced the pain. Turns out I was cranking down to hard on the 2nd to top eyelet when I was tying my skates. I haven't cranked down as hard when I'm tying the top portion of the skate and the problem has been solved. I also wore a bunga sleeve for a brief bit to help with the discomfort til it completely disappeared. Hope that helps!

I find the 20K's hard on my ankle bones even when I don't crank on the laces. Strongly thinking about taking the plunge on the Ribcor's.

Now, trying to sell the 20K's will be extremely difficult..

It seems like they added a bunch of extra foam to the ankles of the 20K that is not very pliable.

Whereas the Ribcor seems to fit much more like my current 11K's in the ankle area .

Anyone know if that is actually the case?

Do you actually pump up your ankle blatters?

Most ppl I know that have pump skates never pumped them up past the the first time when they bought them and heated them.

As sad as that is, kinda par for the course.

I find the 20K's hard on my ankle bones even when I don't crank on the laces. Strongly thinking about taking the plunge on the Ribcor's.

It seems like they added a bunch of extra foam to the ankles of the 20K that is not very pliable.

Whereas the Ribcor seems to fit much more like my current 11K's in the ankle area .

Narrower heel in the Ribcor compared to 11K. Pumped moved back as well in the Ribcor from 11K so when you do Pump it, the contact point is further back naturally. Supposed to hold in the area above the heel better rather than directly on the ankle bones as on the 11K.