Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

Part of the issue is that there is no standardized industry method for measuring lies. We have an instrument that we use to measure lies and we also look at the competition’s lie listing. However they are not all identical across the board from manufacture to manufacture. Our lies being less upright isn’t something that we’ve really heard before, however thank you for your comments and I will do some more research regarding this.

I'd do -0.5. I compared a PP09 Ryan (lie 5.5) to a PM9 (Bauer lie 5) and the lie is pretty much the same. Differences are mostly due to rocker/blade profile.

I noticed this too once I started becoming aware of how the lie affects the way the stick plays. I could only really get a handle on the puck with an E4 (or Christian's even lower "Detroit" curve, both with some home-added toe kink), but I had almost the same control with the Coffey curve, it played really close to an Easton 5. I wish I had discovered that earlier because I would have loved the PP10 curve, is that one now extinct? I can see why it wouldn't sell, as low as the lie was, but man, that's just what I'm looking for.

From all of the good stuff I've been hearing and from the interesting patterns you guys have out (PP09, PP92 especially), I think I'll have to try one once hockey starts up again over here.

I only use the PP09 curve and typically stay away from grip sticks. The EK15 only comes in grip sticks for the PP09 curve so I picked one up. While I have been very happy with the stick overall, I do not care for the grip coating. Michael - Is there a good way to remove the grip coating from the EK15 without damaging the stick?

220 grit sandpaper

Buzz, will this work on any brand? I really cannot stand how the market has trended to grip sticks. I know it's what people want, but I ain't one of'em.

I wanted to post an update on my sons EK15, Ryan 6.0 lie 85 flex. I bought the stick towards the end of the winter high School season. He used it for 3-4 games and a couple weeks of practice. Lacrosse season kicked in so he took a break. He has been back at hockey since June 10, on ice 4 times a week for 90 minutes per day. He is D and has played approx.10 Mn high school level varsity games.

He is quite a physical player and has no problem convincing opponents the front of the net is no place for them. I cringe (for financial reasons) each time he gets into it with an opponent because as well know the stick takes the brunt of the beating. I was getting concerned the stick would be breaking down so I took it out with me to my skate last week.

I was shocked to find the stick as solid as I can remember it since new. There were also few cosmetic issues with the stick. From the shooting perspective I was still slinging wicked wristers, I felt the accuracy had not been compromised at all. I think that is due to the blade construction. It is just solid.

He has really learned to appreciate the strength of the blade. I also found the blade to be pretty stout, more so than his previous Bauer sticks that is for sure.

Anyway Great stick and I would suggest it to anyone.

I wanted to post an update on my sons EK15, Ryan 6.0 lie 85 flex. I bought the stick towards the end of the winter high School season. He used it for 3-4 games and a couple weeks of practice. Lacrosse season kicked in so he took a break. He has been back at hockey since June 10, on ice 4 times a week for 90 minutes per day. He is D and has played approx.10 Mn high school level varsity games.

He is quite a physical player and has no problem convincing opponents the front of the net is no place for them. I cringe (for financial reasons) each time he gets into it with an opponent because as well know the stick takes the brunt of the beating. I was getting concerned the stick would be breaking down so I took it out with me to my skate last week.

I was shocked to find the stick as solid as I can remember it since new. There were also few cosmetic issues with the stick. From the shooting perspective I was still slinging wicked wristers, I felt the accuracy had not been compromised at all. I think that is due to the blade construction. It is just solid.

He has really learned to appreciate the strength of the blade. I also found the blade to be pretty stout, more so than his previous Bauer sticks that is for sure.

Anyway Great stick and I would suggest it to anyone.

i agree to this. I fully expected at least some decent damage to the toe of this stick compared with every other stick i have ever owned, but nothing! I can feel comfortable without my toe taped again. Its been a tank, something i wasnt really expecting going in.

I got my EK15 and my EK9 (both LH Stastny) and I love them. I switch them up constantly, and I actually use the EK9 more just due to it seeming more familiar and "safe" when playing against dudes who chop at you. I was wondering if anyone has info on if they offer that sweet vintage wooden graphic on custom EK9 orders, or if it is strictly for the EK15.

I got my EK15 and my EK9 (both LH Stastny) and I love them. I switch them up constantly, and I actually use the EK9 more just due to it seeming more familiar and "safe" when playing against dudes who chop at you. I was wondering if anyone has info on if they offer that sweet vintage wooden graphic on custom EK9 orders, or if it is strictly for the EK15.

Thanks for the comments, the EK9 offers great value for the price.

Also, I can confirm that there will be a special edition EK15 in the vintage wood graphics available for the holiday season.

Also, I can confirm that there will be a special edition EK15 in the vintage woods graphics available for the holiday season.

YESSSSSS I will absolutely be ordering one :)

Thanks for the comments, the EK9 offers great value for the price.

Also, I can confirm that there will be a special edition EK15 in the vintage woods graphics available for the holiday season.

can you comment as to which patterns we may see this available in?

can you comment as to which patterns we may see this available in?

PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II

75, 85 and 95 flex

Grip finish

Will they ever release the new PP14 Plekanec pattern curve in this stick? Is Michael still around? If so where can I get it? I can't find anything but p26 and ryan curves around me.

Yes the EK15 will also have the PP14 pattern. It will be available for January 1st.

Brandon, I just answered your inbox message, inbox me back letting me know what you’re looking for and I'll help you locate a dealer that has the specs you’d like.

There are very few stores which carry the p12 iggy. Its annoying, i've been looking to grab one for awhile but they're so tough to find.

and they only come in grip

Seems only us folks around here are fans of the Iginla/P12 patterns since most companies have dropped the pattern and it is nearly impossible to find it in stores for those brands that still have it.