Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

I've got a 95 flex EK15, been using it a few times a week since it launched. I find the flex to be a little softer than what I would expect from a 95, but that could just be me getting used to the kick-point.

The best comp for this stick I can think of is the Warrior Widow. In my mind, they play very similar. I found snap shots and wrist shots were absolutely amazing with the EK15, but I haven't really been able to dial in my slapshot. This isn't a big deal, because I find I'm not taking that many slappers, anyways.

So far, durability has been great, it's holding up very well. I didn't think I'd notice the lighter weight, but I felt like my hands were a bit quicker. For the price, I don't think there's a better stick out there.

Anyone else concerned about the durability of this stick?

so far I havent read anything negative about it's durability, so no more than I would be any other stick on the market. Time will tell they always say, however.

I've got a 95 flex EK15, been using it a few times a week since it launched. I find the flex to be a little softer than what I would expect from a 95, but that could just be me getting used to the kick-point.

The best comp for this stick I can think of is the Warrior Widow. In my mind, they play very similar. I found snap shots and wrist shots were absolutely amazing with the EK15, but I haven't really been able to dial in my slapshot. This isn't a big deal, because I find I'm not taking that many slappers, anyways.

So far, durability has been great, it's holding up very well. I didn't think I'd notice the lighter weight, but I felt like my hands were a bit quicker. For the price, I don't think there's a better stick out there.

Comparing the two, I find the EK15 flex is a lot softer than my widow, even though the widow is a couple inches longer. Both are/were 85s.

Anyone else concerned about the durability of this stick?

I have 8 solid sessions with this stick so far, so I don't have any concerns about durability compared to the other top end sticks I have used. Took a little adjustment for me using the Ryan II curve as I've been using heel curves for what seems to be an eternity. Unlike those that have felt the stick to play softer than the listed flex, I feel it plays stiffer for me. Time will tell if it softens up with continued use, but so far it hasn't.

I just want to take a second to congratulate Sherwood on making the decision to go with a manual lay-up on their high-end sticks. This is a huge part of how elite custom masks are made, and adds skilled labour to a process that can easily become a numbers game.

I picked one up this past weekend and got a 2 hour skate in with it for roller and I'm really impressed. The overall feel was great coming from a T1 NXG, it just took a little getting used to at first. Once I got my shot down I didn't touch my NXG for the rest of practice. My only worry is that it's so light I'm hesitant to get rough with it in the corners and in front of the net. Every time I tipped a shot I was checking my stick to see I broke it lol

I've got over 20-hours of use with this stick. Most of my work on the ice is in the corners and in front of the net. I don't feel the need to baby it all., although it's still playing stiffer than the listed flex.

Picked it up in the store. Like others said it's noticbly light but freakishly balanced. They also have the extra 3" on the end as well but it feels like it would still be incredibly balanced if you cut a bunch off. If I needed a new high-end stick I would give this a try. I kind of want it as a backup but I would want to try it first.

I've got over 20-hours of use with this stick. Most of my work on the ice is in the corners and in front of the net. I don't feel the need to baby it all., although it's still playing stiffer than the listed flex.

Just FYI - mojo122 has my sample.

It just turned out to be too pingy for me. Used it at Winterfest and I was shanking everything in sight and just getting vibration down my bottom hand - some of the players thought I broke the stick due to the clunk it was making.

Pretty much what I experienced with the TPS XN10 years ago, happened here. And people loved that stick...so obviously, YMMV. Just wasn't for me.

I found the Ek-15 to be very lively with an inline puck. Originally I tapped it normally(heel to toe) but found that when I added a strip of tape going length wise on the blade on both forehand and backhand it felt 100 times better. I'm going back and forth between my t100 and this but find myself using the ek more and more.

Like I've said in my LTR so far, I love this thing. To me, the balance is great. In a few months I'm likely to purchase a backup just in case mine goes .

I'm a fan of the pingy blade. It lets my stone hands feel the puck a lot easier in comparison to last year's DT1. Balance and feel reminds me of the original APX (haven't had the chance to try the APX2). No issues with durability... yet. Oh yea, I love the price. Overall I'm a fan of the stick. 75 flex, PP88

*cough*

Been a while since I've posted (been off the ice for almost two years for health reasons but back into it again)

I've been using the EK15 for about a month now playing twice a week. I cut my sticks down quite a bit so went with a 75 flex Ryan II.

First off - the thing is ridiculously light - we're talking XN10 and CNT kinda light - but the build quality seems quite good which I would attribute to the hands-on manufacturing process.

I can honestly say that it took me a while to get used to the liveliness of the blade (no doubt added to by the lower than traditional flex) but after a number of games I am now very comfortable with this stick. Shots are solid and accurate and giving/receiving passes is (for me) effortless now. I've been pretty aggressive with it as well and have even blocked a couple of blue line shots with it and it hasn't impacted the performance at all as yet in spite of a few noticeable nicks.

I'll update again in a few weeks but although it did take some getting used to I am using the EK15 exclusively now (in fact I picked up a second one).

Kudo's to Sher-Wood for producing a high quality stick at a great price point.

Any word on when the EK-15 will be available in more patterns? IIRC, it was supposed to be mid-January, but I still only see PP26 and PP88 anywhere.

I think p77 was listed on total hockey's site as available, my guess is they will roll out more patterns periodically as they gauge popularity etc

Any word on what the fit profile will be of the EK15 gloves? How do they compare to the Nexon line and other major brands- APX or CCM CL500?

Any word on what the fit profile will be of the EK15 gloves? How do they compare to the Nexon line and other major brands- APX or CCM CL500?

I haven't played a game in mine yet, but very very similar fit to Nexon. Almost identical.

For those who haven't used nexons, id compare them to warrior koncept or Bauer supreme but with vapor cuffs.

Wow, cool. I was thinking by the looks of them that it would have more of an APX fit.

I haven't played a game in mine yet, but very very similar fit to Nexon. Almost identical.

For those who haven't used nexons, id compare them to warrior koncept or Bauer supreme but with vapor cuffs.

Very much so in the cuff, but the hand area is quite tight (which I prefer).

I'll be wearing them my next game and for probably about a month or so before I post my review, unless JR is up to setting it up as a LTR.