Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

I don’t want to give away to much detail and specifics, but the manual production process is essentially wrapping each layer of carbon fiber by hand and then applying a suction vacuum to the shaft. Traditionally sticks are wrapped by machine, with this handmade process the sticks are wrapped by hand and each layer is examined before applying the suction process. This takes much longer to produce, but it results in a stick that is much lighter and eliminates any surplus material and defects as each layer is extensively studied before the next layer is wrapped.

Thanks to hear your comments Karly. The T90 is a great value stick, and has been improved once again this year with the introduction of a new foam core similar to the EK15.

To answer your question, the only difference between the pp26 and the pp92 is the lie. The PP92 is the same curve as the PP26 but with a 5.0 lie rather than a 6.0.

Thank you!

Got ours in yesterday. Impressively light, seems very well constructed. I care neither for the PP26 or PP88 or else I'd give one a try. Plus the new T90 is an easy sell to a taller player.

Adams using one tonight for the Pens.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what curve in the Sher-wood line would be the equivalent of a p88 from Bauer aka the "Kane" curve. I want something for wrist shots, hence a deep mid curve that does NOT have an open face (wedge). What curve would you recommend? A warrior "Kovolchuk" would also be close to what I'm looking for.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what curve in the Sher-wood line would be the equivalent of a p88 from Bauer aka the "Kane" curve. I want something for wrist shots, hence a deep mid curve that does NOT have an open face (wedge). What curve would you recommend? A warrior "Kovolchuk" would also be close to what I'm looking for.

PP88 Ryan II

Do you prefer the mid flex more than the low kick Tyler or is it something else.

I'm currently using the T100 and really enjoying it, but I was thinking about picking up the EK in the Smith curve when it comes out. Can you elaborate on why you prefer the T100 over the EK?

Flex profile isn't why I may side one over the other, I do prefer the higher kick point though. I found the EK to have a more unforgiving blade for my application(inline). The T100 is one of the better sticks I have used recently and works perfect for what I need. I found shooting was fantastic and puck feel was just as good. With the EK I get quite good shots(maybe not same as T100) but I feel I lack in confidence with puck handling. I have only used it twice so might just be me needing to adjust, I tapped it up a different way for tonight so hopefully I have more positive feedback. But all together I'm really happy with what Sher-Wood is offering in todays market.

Do you prefer the mid flex more than the low kick Tyler or is it something else.

I'm currently using the T100 and really enjoying it, but I was thinking about picking up the EK in the Smith curve when it comes out. Can you elaborate on why you prefer the T100 over the EK?

Can anyone comment on the flex of this stick? Does it flex easier like an Easton or harder like a Bauer than its designated flex rating?

The flex profile is closer to Bauer's ratings than Easton's. Easton has been known to have a bit whippier flex than what the flex rating is in recent years.

I ran two strips of tape the length of the blade then taped over that in a traditional fashion and it made a huge difference. Everything was much better in regards to receiving passes and handling the puck. Shooting felt good(2 goals) and passing was on point. Even though I still may prefer the T100 but its not because the Ek15 is the lesser of the two.

Despite being pingy, many players will tell you no stick since shoots better than the original XN10.

Ain't that the truth...

I don't love Sher-Woods curve offerings, anyone know what the fuse point on the EK15 is like? Could you potentially get the blade out & put in a tapered blade or is the one-piece spear construction like a V9E/Dagger Taper, etc?

Not sure what pattern youre looking for but to my understanding there will be more after the first of the year, Cant wait for the PP09!!

if im not mistaken, the nexon was a spear construction, think the ek15 is the same

The EK15 is also a spear construction. As for patterns, the launch consisted of two patterns PP26 and PP88. The EK15 will also be offered in PP09, PP77, PP01, PP05, PP12 and PP92 starting in January 2014.

Any update on this stick as people have used it? How does the flex play compared to the T90/T100? I have a T100 in a 75 flex and find it plays closer to an 85 honestly.

Any update on this stick as people have used it? How does the flex play compared to the T90/T100? I have a T100 in a 75 flex and find it plays closer to an 85 honestly.

Waiting for mine to show up, looking forward to trying it out.

Getting a custom curve (Vanek like?) on it?

Nope, I will give one of the normal retail curves a shot. I have considered getting some custom blades or sticks from SWD, but I have been able to source new stuff when I have needed it so far.

Nope, I will give one of the normal retail curves a shot. I have considered getting some custom blades or sticks from SWD, but I have been able to source new stuff when I have needed it so far.

I've adjusted to the PP09 very well from the Vanek curve. A bit more open but nothing that took more than 1 skate to adjust to.