Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Easton Mako feet?

I need to get out of my Supreme One.9 LEs as they are just too hard around the ball of my foot. I have tried all kinds of pads and gels and things but nothing seems to work. Interesting thing, it is just my left foot that is the problem. My feet were measured at 11.5 (Right) and 12.0 (Left), and I am in 10.0 EE Bauer Supremes. I got sized at an LHS in Singapore as being 10.0 EE in Vapor, which seemed to fit fine, I just did not like the lack of heel lock, so I rolled the dice on Supremes in the size that I figured. The right foot feels great (which is 1.5 sizes smaller than measured shoe size), the left foot is just giving problems in this one region (where toe box meets rest of boot). It does not feel like a size or volume issue, just an issue of this foot (which is my bad foot) not taking the hardness of the boot particularly well. I can lay in bed with my skates on, tied rather tightly, all day. It is just when I walk around that the hardness kills my left foot. I have had to pad up the right foot too, recently, which further suggests that my feet are simply not tough, rather than this being a size issue.

My size 10.0 EE Mission Axiom T10s work just fine for inline, due to their pillowy liner, so I am looking for something comparable in the ice skate realm.

1) I have heard that the Easton Makos have a nice, soft feel in the toe box region. I need it to feel soft at the ball of the foot especially- both where the ball of the foot touches the inner toe cap, as well as the area under the ball of the foot. Can anyone confirm that these skates are nice and pillowy in this region?

2) I am considering just getting Mission Inhalers mounted on Tuuks. Can anyone please comment on which skate will have a softer, more pillowy feel in the toe box region, specifically where the toe box meets the rest of the skate, at the ball of each foot: inner region of each skate? (Mission Inhalers or Easton Makos) For clarity, here is where the inflammation/ pain is (where the red oval is drawn):

n19n.jpg

3) If I am 10.0 EE in Supreme One.9, then am I a 10.0 EE in Easton Mako? I have read that one ought to add .5 sizes when moving from Supreme to Mako (I cannot recall where). Am I 10.0 EE or 10.5 EE in Easton Mako?

4) I have read that the worst feature of the Mako skate is the shallow mid forefoot region. Is my mid fore foot going to be a problem?

eqkv.jpg
n8v8.jpg
hp6z.JPG

http://www.vhspeedskating.com/hockey/

Makos toe box is brutal IMO. My feet kill in there.

I just ordered VH's. From everything I have read I would recommend you email them your issues and pictures of your feet. If your going to spend money on a top of the line skate your probably better off with something that fits your foot not a general foot.

I have a very wide and thick foot and have had no issues at all with my Makos. There is a thin lining on the sides, but I wouldn't call it "Pillow-y"

I have a very wide and thick foot and have had no issues at all with my Makos. There is a thin lining on the sides, but I wouldn't call it "Pillow-y"

hey Chadd-

Were you the guy whose fellow ref commented that he had never seen you control your edges so well, upon getting into Mako skates? And your reply was, "This is how I skate when my feet don't hurt," or something to that effect? If this was you, then where were you getting the foot pain in your previous skates? Same place as me? Also, what were your previous skates? I seem to recall whoever made that thread or review or whatever, also was coming from Supremes.

How did youur sizing run, coming from whatever to Makos? For example, if you were 9.5D in Supreme, then were you an exact match of 9.5D in Mako?

And last question, how would you describe the liner right around that region of the inner big toe box/ ball of the foot area (the one that is killing me) in the Mako skate, relative to the Axiom T10? I mean, I think the Axiom T10 is pillowy, maybe you would say that the feel of the Axiom is identical to the Mako (in which case I will likely be trying the Mako).

I am pretty certain that I am an EE width; just not sure if I ought to go with 10.0 or 10.5.

Thanks,

Cosmic

From what I'm seeing you'd need to punch out the boot in the region you're having pain.

I believe that could help out.

And if you ever want to put on your old skates again, get yourself a pair of ezeefit, your heel will lock a lot more. :)

gl