Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014

Looking at their schedule, they do have a couple back to back situations, as well as a couple 3 in 4 situations. My guess is that someone will get into 2 or 3 games to rest Raanta. I wonder who I will see in Music City next week.

Rumor is that Bickellis back in the lineup tonight. Hopefully he starts producing at some point, as he has hasn't done much at all so far.

Is Q going to see how Simpson plays before calling Labarbera up do you think?

I won't be surprised if Simpson doesn't play, except in an emergency.

Went the game in Nashville last night and the team speed of the Hawks is even more impressive in person.

Raanta has looked very good in the games that I have seen, I have to imagine that we have seen the last of Khabibulin in a Hawks uniform.

Khabibulin may get one more chance. It'll be interesting to see what they do when he's healthy.

I'm glad Raanta was able to step up, considering how Hutton's playing since he left.

Is Q going to see how Simpson plays before calling Labarbera up do you think?

No. Simpson's heading for Rockford, and LaBarbera is on his way to the Blackhawks.

And again last night Crow's glove hand was the weakness. It's like the achilles heel of the Blackhawks. Sad part is I could have had tickets to that game for $40 per but we couldn't make it. I told my girlfriend that if they went to a shootout i'd be really mad that we couldn't go. The only saving grace is that Chicago lost. I've never seen them win in the 3 games i've attended.

It was great last year when the announcers got all over Crawford about his glove hand, and it was a non-issue after that game.

It's interesting to see how few saves there are in a lot of shootouts. The last time for the Blackhawks, zero saves. Last night was a bit better, but it seems that when a player doesn't score, it's often a miss, or a puck shot right into the goalie.

It was great last year when the announcers got all over Crawford about his glove hand, and it was a non-issue after that game.

It's interesting to see how few saves there are in a lot of shootouts. The last time for the Blackhawks, zero saves. Last night was a bit better, but it seems that when a player doesn't score, it's often a miss, or a puck shot right into the goalie.

Two Red Wings stickhandled into him and Zetterberg missed the net high. Crawford rarely actually makes a stop on a shot in the shootout. On one of the shots high to the glove side, he closed down his five hole, dropped his glove and put his head down as if he was looking for the puck at his five hole. I was hoping that a new goalie coach could address some of his deficiencies but that doesn't appear to be the case in the games he has played over the last few weeks.

When he goes down in the butterfly he is dropping his glove hand. That slightest drop is all it takes to get beat. Players pick up on that and will pick him apart. I noticed after he got beat twice he kept his glove hand up the next time and the shooter then went stick side (with no success) instead.

When he goes down in the butterfly he is dropping his glove hand. That slightest drop is all it takes to get beat. Players pick up on that and will pick him apart. I noticed after he got beat twice he kept his glove hand up the next time and the shooter then went stick side (with no success) instead.

That was Zetterberg that went stick side. One of the replays showed him missing the net high

I can't wait for the Olympic break, because it seems like the team is already distracted. Maybe I'm just spoiled to have had a successful team recently, but it feels as though the Hawks have dropped a lot of points in the last 20 or so games.

I can't wait for the Olympic break, because it seems like the team is already distracted. Maybe I'm just spoiled to have had a successful team recently, but it feels as though the Hawks have dropped a lot of points in the last 20 or so games.

The offense hasn't been great and Crawford has been below his normal level since the injury. Keith has been a trainwreck defensively over the last month or so as well. He has been making really odd decisions and running away from his coverage areas on almost every shift.

They're still passing up open shots in favor of moving the puck around until they lose it or give it away on an impossible pass.

Sharks scouting staff did their homework and it showed in the shootout. Thankfully for the Hawks, no shootouts in the playoffs.

The media and the Blackhawks seem to be talking a lot about doing better in overtime and shootouts.

I'd much prefer to see them concentrate on bringing a consistent effort in regulation.

Yea, they keep trying to solve the overtime puzzle, instead of trying to work on the obvious solution of winning in 60. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather take a point in a tight game than none at all, but great teams win in regulation. At least that seems to be true in the regular season.

Bickell is looking like the bust that many of us suspected that he would be when they signed him to that long term contract. I would have preferred to see them keep Frolik and let Bickell walk, at least it would have helped the PK a bit.

Bickell is still skating with at least one knee brace, and had two for quite a while. It may be best to wait until he's physically together before we try to judge his game.

Bickell is still skating with at least one knee brace, and had two for quite a while. It may be best to wait until he's physically together before we try to judge his game.

If it was that bad he should have been out on long term IR and saved some money off the cap. Management has not handled it well, no matter how you look at it.