Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2013-14

Really? That is what we're calling a spear now?

That is the textbook definition of a spear.

I wouldn't call the hip check "textbook" as some have. It probably was legal, although it bordered on ending up low. Emelin's first contact was about five inches above the knee, but he seemed to drop lower to get his weight under Lucic.

Given the contentiousness of games between these teams, I can understand why Chara's immediate thought was Emelin was taking liberties, but I think it was more Emelin pushing the envelope versus directly targeting the knee as Lucic said afterward. There's also no doubt Lucic speared him in retaliation, but it never reached the front side as someone suggested earlier.

Am I the only one that is tired of Lucic? His history on and off the ice isn't good. The incident with his girlfriend in Boston and then the fight in Vancouver with the Canucks "fan". Both times he pulled the "do you know who I am" routine with the cops. Then the Ryan Miller incident and finally this whole Emelin thing. Lucic got Emelin in the balls plain as day on tape. Then he lies about it after and calls Emelin a chicken for delivering what was deemed a legal hip check.

Now you can try to explain away individual events and downplay how bad they were, like Lucic fighting in Vancouver. He's a local boy, his parents' church has been vandalized, Vancouver fans hate him because he beat the Canucks in the finals, the fan started the fight, etc... I understand Lucic being angry about being treated badly at home and his family being targeted. But he's a millionaire hockey player who puts himself in some bad situations, he acts entitled and comes off as having an angry management problem. His off-ice incidents are of particular concern to me.

I agree that he has no right to call Emelin a chicken after skewering a pretty sensitive area. Also, I'm a leafs fan but I'm really liking Soderberg on your team. Guy has some hustle!

In regards to Lucic. The off ice stuff has never affected his play on the ice. I'm not entirely thrilled about those things but but he's a young man many would say still just a kid. If were doing these things in his 30's I'd think differently.

This may be more of a math question than a sports question, but if the Canadiens have played 75 games and amassed 91 points, then even if they ended the season on a seven-game winning streak, the most points they could end up with would be 105, right? So how come the standings on NHL.com don't show a 'Y' next to the B's for clinching the division with 106 points?

This may be more of a math question than a sports question, but if the Canadiens have played 75 games and amassed 91 points, then even if they ended the season on a seven-game winning streak, the most points they could end up with would be 105, right? So how come the standings on NHL.com don't show a 'Y' next to the B's for clinching the division with 106 points?

Because if Tampa Bay win 9 in a row, they end up with 107 points.

it helps when the refs don't call the trips and holds and that may have been the worst charging call I have seen in a while. Whoever made that call shouldn't be working next week, let alone in the playoffs.

That was an atrocious penalty call for a charge. Even the Boston feed showed it a number of times discussing that there was nothing remotely wrong with it.