Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Troy Lee Padded Shirt

Has anyone ever tried this, or know anything about it? It almost looks like it may even be suitable for beer league/ non checking ice hockey, but I don't know. The guy mentions that people use it for ball hockey. I would think that getting hit with an ice hockey puck in the chest can't be much worse than slamming one's chest into a motorcross bike (which I think this shirt is designed for). I will likely stick with my CCM CL's for ice either way. I am just considering this for inline hockey, in a super hot and humid climate (which my CCM CL's may even be better for, as they are so ventilated, but just seeing what people think):

https://www.denniskirk.com/black-bp7850-hot-weather-base-body-armor.p3419467.prd/3419467XL.sku?_requestid=2212970

That would probably be fine for the uses you describe. I've found there is some great crossover between moto/dh mtbiking gear, especially for inline. I've worn DH mtbiking padded shorts instead of an inline girdle, and mt bike leg armor for the past two seasons of inline, and they have worked great. Light, very breathable, and protective enough for my purposes.

Great post Cosmic,

Our new protective equipment just launched in stores September 15th so make sure you go check out the gear at your local hockey retailer.

If anyone is looking for more details on this new protective product online, please check out our updated Mission Hockey website @ http://inhaler.missionhockey.com/gear.aspx

Our latest protective equipment is specifically made with the thoughts of the roller hockey player in mind, but this product can definitely be used in ball, street, and mens league ice and roller hockey.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

- Mission/Bauer Tom

Great post Cosmic,

Our new protective equipment just launched in stores September 15th so make sure you go check out the gear at your local hockey retailer.

If anyone is looking for more details on this new protective product online, please check out our updated Mission Hockey website @ http://inhaler.missionhockey.com/gear.aspx

Our latest protective equipment is specifically made with the thoughts of the roller hockey player in mind, but this product can definitely be used in ball, street, and mens league ice and roller hockey.

- Mission/Bauer Tom

I have some related feedback. So, I just received my 10.0 EE Mission Axiom T10 skates today- I think that these were the last pair on the planet (clearance -20% at HM about 1 month ago); they just arrived here in SE Asia. And all I can say is WOW!! These are so comfortable, like skating in pillows, and they are just fresh out of the box- no break in, no bake, nothing. Granted, I have only skated around my small apartment, but these feel awesome, and fast.

I have been nursing some odd toe bump that has only allowed me 1 ice skate session in the last 5 weeks (in my Supreme One.9 LEs, also 10.0 EE), and it was painful !! I could only last for one painful hour and had to quit with 20 minutes left in the session. Still, just walking around/ standing in my One.9 LEs hurts the ball of my toe, where this odd bump is. Anyway, point is, that liner or whatever is in the Axiom T10s is magical. Everyone who sees my skates (the Axiom T10s) is so envious, and inquires how I managed to get my hands on them. Everyone says that the Inhalers are good, but not the same, and just wants the Axiom T10s to be widely available again.

(I am also in Re-AKT helmet/ APX gloves/ TotalOne tapered shafts- all awesome!! Even the One.9 LE's- skating in them felt great before the odd toe bump, and I love how they handle, they are just stiff, which is why I bought them in the first place, so all good. The bump came as a result of jumping around and doing plyos at physio, after a 2 hour skate the previous day.)

Great post Cosmic,

- Mission/Bauer Tom

Tom-

How is sizing from Mission Axiom T10 to the Inhaler line? I am 10.0 EE in Axiom T10s- is it an exact transfer to the Inhaler?

I would actually prefer to buy another pair of Axiom T10s, but can't find anywhere in 10.0 EE, so if you know someone with a fresh pair of 10.0 EE, then I will gladly buy!!

Thanks,

Cosmic

Tom-

How is sizing from Mission Axiom T10 to the Inhaler line? I am 10.0 EE in Axiom T10s- is it an exact transfer to the Inhaler?

I would actually prefer to buy another pair of Axiom T10s, but can't find anywhere in 10.0 EE, so if you know someone with a fresh pair of 10.0 EE, then I will gladly buy!!

Thanks,

Cosmic

Hey Cosmic,

The sizing from the Axiom T10 should directly transfer over to the Mission INHALER skate model.

Good luck finding the Axiom T10 skates, they were a limited edition model and i've rarely seen more than one or two sizes left anywhere.

You should be happy with the INHALERs as you were with the T10. The INHALER skates actually have upgraded features making them more roller specific such as the Vented Toe Cap and Vented Quarter.

Have a good day.

-Mission/Bauer Tom

Hey Cosmic,

The sizing from the Axiom T10 should directly transfer over to the Mission INHALER skate model.

Good luck finding the Axiom T10 skates, they were a limited edition model and i've rarely seen more than one or two sizes left anywhere.

You should be happy with the INHALERs as you were with the T10. The INHALER skates actually have upgraded features making them more roller specific such as the Vented Toe Cap and Vented Quarter.

Have a good day.

-Mission/Bauer Tom

How do you think that the outsole of the Inhaler AC:1 will take to the additional 4 screws per skate necessary to fit a Lightspeed 2 Edge Holder? Would you expect the drillage, and addition of the holder, to compromise the integrity of the outsole?

Great post Cosmic,

- Mission/Bauer Tom

hey Tom,

I just ordered a pair of Mission Axiom T9 skates (I would have gotten Axiom T10s, but I could not find my size anywhere), which I will be having mounted on the Lightspeed Edge holders (with LS3 steel). So, if I could offer feedback/ make a request/ suggestion, then here it is:

I would like to see Mission Bauer release an inline style skate such as Axiom or Inhaler (with an ice toe cap to ensure durability and keep the toes warm), sitting on a Tuuk Edge holder with an ice runner.

These are the features that are most important to me, that I have been looking to satisfy, as I have been figuring out which skate to buy (or customize), with my perfect blend of performance and comfort. I realize that my preferences and what is important to me may be irrelevant and not considered to be ideal to others, but I think the older crowd might like some of the features that I appreciate (we want to be able to keep our bodies healthy, while keeping up with the young bucks; I think anyway):

1) Neutral pitch- the more forward pitch of some high performance skates (Easton Mako, Bauer Vapor, RBZ, etc.) is obviously better for performance, but I am 37 years old and ice/inline hockey is what I do for fitness and fun. Being pitched so far forward is not good for the knees- it is a kinesiology issue, and my knees have taken a bit of a beating from too much basketball over the years.

2) Pillowy liner- The Axiom T10 liner is like a pillow, and is as comfortable as my $300 Asics gel sneakers. My Supreme One.9 LE has a soft, comfortable interior liner for most of the skate (ankles and mid foot), until you get to the region where the toe cap meets the rest of the boot. This particular region has all of the charm and comfort features of the steel sleeping deck in a prison or jail (in other words, it is hard as a rock and just uncomfortable, which causes me great inflammation in the ball of my toe region). I realize that the more pillowy the interior is, the more that the energy transfer is dissipated and thus compromised/ negated. I can accept this- I am not a pro, just an otherwise stellar fella who gets fat and lazy if he is not enjoying his exercise regimen (which is and will likely be hockey from now until my physical body expires and my soul is ejected back into the ethereal realm). May be important to note that I have not tried on many other skates, so I do not really know what the standard liner is these days. I did try on a pair of Reebok White K yesterday, which I hear have a soft liner, but I found the liner to be a bit hard for my preference.

3) Heel lock- I need heel lock. I used Supremes last I played (when I was a kid), and I just can't skate if my foot is lifting at the heel with each stride. So, Vapor/ Nexus are not so ideal for me. The heel lock in my Supreme One.9 and Axiom T10's is awesome.

4) Hard composite boot/ outsole- here is where I can appreciate the performance features. Stiff ankles and sole? Sure, bring it on!! Just give me my damn interior pillowy liner to go with it!! HAHA

5) Toe cap- The Inhaler toe cap seems like it will shatter if I take a hard shot off of it, from an ice puck. I am sure that the materials are top grade, but the vents undoubtedly compromise integrity if the toe cap is hit head on by an 80 mph slapshot. And I think that my toes would get cold on ice anyway with all of this air flow. So, Inhalers sitting on Tuuks was an idea that I considered, but I scrapped this idea due to the toe cap issues (potential for cold toes and a shattered toe cap).

6) Nice graphics- Very subjective I know. I love the Axiom T10 style, as well as my Supreme One.9 LE. I also like the look of CCM RBZ, Easton Mako. The part of the new Nexus that I saw looks nice, with that electric blue detailing.

So, my next inline skates will likely be Inhalers- I have no issue with the Mission Inhaler line (except for how much you toned down the graphics from Axiom T10), from what I have read and seen. I just bought the Axiom T10s because I like the graphics better, and they were on clearance.

Thus, my request is, can you please make a Mission ice skate- all you need to do is just sit the Axiom T10s on the Tuuk Edge holders and I think that the players will flock. And then, just make a blacked out version for those who prefer the more subtle style on the ice. But hey, this is just my preference, maybe a Bauer custom skate is in my future if we can't get a boot like this on tap for the future.

Great post Cosmic,

- Mission/Bauer Tom

hey Tom,

I just posted a review of the Mission Pro Compression Girdle. It is in another thread as well, not sure if you keep an eye on everything around here or what. I like the potential, and the Hex Foam especially I think is great; I just would have liked to have seen more in this girdle (and less Velcro and detachable stuff, as indicated). My theory with the whole customization trend is that one need not customize what works. Sure, the ability to make subtle sizing adjustments is always welcome since we as players come in all shapes and sizes. However, with protection, I think that integrated, high quality, lightweight, breathable pads (Hex or Vent Armour Foam) need to just be placed accordingly and secured for ultimate durability. That's my thought, maybe the pros and the guys you work with would offer differing opinions, potentially because they just could not agree on what they would want out of the top of the line offering. My recommendations (as outlined toward the end of the video) just make sense to me, not sure if the majority would tend to agree (I tend to be divergent from the masses in most philosophical ramblings, I find).

Cheers,

Cosmic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLBu2w7NYew