Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Crosby has one of the shortest, if not THE shortest stick on the Pens. The story of him getting Duchene to change his setup is great...

BaQDBXhCUAAgHaL_zps297a59ef.jpg

BZ66RYECUAEEQhU_zpsbf4a4e42.jpg

Pictures courtesy Dana Heinze

Thats long a guy that is only 5'11. I doubt his stick is 62 inches seeing his stick is somewhere in his high chest level.

Sounds plausible: if stick = 62", Crosby height = 71", and Crosby height w/skates ≈ 74", and average head height = 10".

They were able to get it certified for NHL use, despite the fact that there's plastic in the caps, due to their design that addresses protection for both the hitter and receiver.

My guess to why many NY teams share the blue and orange is the influence of the Dutch explorers, IE New Amsterdam etc.

It is a baseball reference that accounts for the blue and orange. The Brooklyn Dodgers wore blue in their uniforms and the New York Giants wore orange. This is why the Mets uniforms are blue and orange.

While you're right as to why the Mets wear it, explain the Knicks, who have always worn orange/blue and were established in the 40s. :)

City of NY's AND Nassau County colors are orange and blue, a Dutch reference.

So looking at all the Stadium Series logos.. all of them have a chrome/reflective finish. Would I be crazy to think that the people at Coors Light had a say in that seeing as they are all about the 'silver bullet' and sliver finishes?

ss-7teams-chrome-logos.jpg