Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Souldriver

Bauer APX vs Warrior Widow Flex feels and curve

ok guys, my main stick (and probably until it breaks or looses all pop it will remain that way) is my bauer apx, im looking at semi cost effective backup sticks and im looking at the warrior widow.

my question is theyre both low kickers but do the warriors feel less or more "whippy" than the apx?

right now im using an 87 flex apx thats but down to the 105 flex mark and i want to get something very similar if not a tiny, tiny bit stiffer. I also realize warriors dont change flex much until after 5" are cut off, i would think this is true because they say they have an extra 3" in there anyway. right now the apx is at about 54-55" measuring butt end to the beginning of the heels curve.

Also the W88 zetterberg is the p88 kane right? is the zetterberg on the widow the W88 because i dont think it says and in the covert thread i think someone said they may be different.
does warrior rate their lies different? i feel like theyre all low as it lists the zetter at a 4 and the tops at 5.

They couldn't play more differently. The widow loads easily and doesn't react well if you try to muscle through a shot, while the APX seems to work best that way for me.

hmmm, yeah i do muscle the apx a bit, youre right about that.
would going to a higher flex make the widow load a bit harder or is that just the way she goes?

hmmm, yeah i do muscle the apx a bit, youre right about that.

would going to a higher flex make the widow load a bit harder or is that just the way she goes?

It would make it stiffer but I don't think you can make a widow play like an APX.

Chad, im not sure if this has been covered on another topic but how do you feel the release is on the widow vs the dt1? Does the Dt1 have as effortless of a release as the widow?

Chad, im not sure if this has been covered on another topic but how do you feel the release is on the widow vs the dt1? Does the Dt1 have as effortless of a release as the widow?

I tried a stiffer DT1, not the same as the 85 I use with the widow. It was obviously stiffer so I can't really say for sure how they compare directly.

It would make it stiffer but I don't think you can make a widow play like an APX.

I think im going to give the widow a whirl.

-the questions now is finding out if that zetterberg curve for the widow is as exact to the p88 kane curve as others have said.

-and if i cut the 85 flex down to 55" length will it be near (or feel like ) a 100 or so flex.

I think im going to give the widow a whirl.

-the questions now is finding out if that zetterberg curve for the widow is as exact to the p88 kane curve as others have said.

-and if i cut the 85 flex down to 55" length will it be near (or feel like ) a 100 or so flex.

W88 is a clone of the P88, curve wise.

I can't predict what you will feel since there are numerous factors. An 85 cut down that much will "feel" stiffer since it has less shaft length to impart the load of your shot. Also, the Widow is a very unique feel since it takes very little effort to load the stick. That also might affect your "feel". Give it a try, keep an open mind and once your shot method adjusts, you'll find the Widow a very easy stick to work with.

As for comparison to the DT1/Widow feel, the DT1 should feel more stiff in the blade due to the major feature improvements in the blade from Widow. Twinspar/HardcoreX/Aramid and Carbonize all change the blade flex characteristics as well as the performance and pop-life of the blade.

Hope this info helps.

thanks mis, that does help. wo the widows zetter is the p88. sweet! love how that curve plays. im goibg to call two other LHS to see if they have the widows still and try to get a feel for them. too bad no one has a shooting range here to try things out.

i do find that the qpx needs muscle but maybe that fits my style as it did feel natural to me but im cool with expqnding horizons and wwnted to try warrior for a long time now. maybe this can be my stick after "long days" or qfter playing multiple games back to back.

im going with an 85 flex zetterberg to try out. worse comes to worse itll be a backup but it cant be as bad as the stick i have nowas a backup.

worse comes to best, its my new go to and i invest in a 3 pack.

too bad no place around here has one and no one has a shooting range either.

I have both an 85 and 75 DT1 used in kopitar and Zetterberg. Widow in prostock 80 and 75.

I like the DT1 in a 75, it plays like the 80 Widow which I loved. As to the curves, I have found that a curve really doesnt mean much as all. I can go just as high with a flat curve missing high every shot or low with a wicked Jagr toe curve and hit pad of the net every shot.

Hand position, puck position, and letting the stick work is what you need to aim a shot. I have been shooting hands closer since I got back into it and noticed a marked improvement in aim and such. I use the blade curve for stickhandling, passing, and flips. Bannana or butter knife I can make each one perform almost the same.