Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

start_today

NHL player equipment ownership

Yes. Every time.

When I worked in Tampa and we'd get players, stickers were removed from helmets and the bags were shipped back empty to the team.

When that player gets traded, does his equipment bag get returned to his previous team?

Team owns the gear.

When a player is traded, the two teams usually send the player with his bag and a "fair" number of sticks (usually a dozen new plus his open stock) along with the player, knowing they are getting the same in return with the player coming their way.

So what's in his bag, that he'll keep with the new team? Shinguards, elbow pads, shoulder pads, skates, etc., the stuff without the team colors?

So what's in his bag, that he'll keep with the new team? Shinguards, elbow pads, shoulder pads, skates, etc., the stuff without the team colors?

yeah i assumed they either owned or probably wouldn't give back their shins, elbows, shoulders and skates. Im interested to know this as well

Yes. As Marz said, the player they are getting is getting the same amount back, so it's essentially a wash.

They're not going to pack jerseys or socks or anything of the sort. When I was with Tampa Bay I'd get the traded players' helmets, but they would be missing the main/secondary team logos.

I would guess pants would go as well and they would just use a shell over them till the player broke in a new pair in the new teams colors, correct?

when i was at the Canucks sale about 2 years ago they had a Panthers bag, Ehrhoffs sharks franchise pants, some black gloves and some other things that wasn't canucks gear that i cant remember.

Really weird they had the bag still.

Whenever I did my equipment sales, people would ask if the bags I kept the gear in were for sale. Our policy was that they weren't.

What about all star or special equipment, obviously in the case of Iginla wearing all star gloves. Is it more likely the flames held on to those, or Iginla personally? Does the NHL buy the all star gear, or do teams provide for their all star players?

And retiring players? What do they end up keeping/taking home?

Some of the experts can correct me, but players take their gear home in the summer, and even take extra sticks with them. I dont know how it works for players who wont be coming back to their respective teams in regards to UFA's. I imagine retired players go home with all of their gear, not sure if they are allowed to take many sticks.

A few of the players I play against in my league still have their team bags from their respective teams (One LA Kings bag sticks out in my mind).

Zach

Helmets are not painted. Ever.

Zach

Hasn't Steve Sullivan's lid been painted? for some reason I thought it might've been this (or one other) year.

The Notre Dame hockey teams paints their helmets, certainly looks that way in HD.

He meant painted as in to change color. They would just issue a new helmet.

Guys wearing specific helmets (Selanne/Messier in recent years) obviously stockpile them.

HydroGraphics does ND's helmets now; they just started with hockey, as they were doing the football helmets. It's actually decals, no paint.

http://www.hydrographicsinc.com

He meant painted as in to change color. They would just issue a new helmet.

Guys wearing specific helmets (Selanne/Messier in recent years) obviously stockpile them.

HydroGraphics does ND's helmets now; they just started with hockey, as they were doing the football helmets. It's actually decals, no paint.

http://www.hydrographicsinc.com

Is that why Notre Dame is suddenly much brighter in both football and hockey?

Is that why Notre Dame is suddenly much brighter in both football and hockey?

Exactly right. And when they chip, a piece of decal is cut and patched, instead of student assistants painting them after every use.

I prefer the old ND look. I think the new look is just too gaudy.

I'm wondering when HGI is going to do goal mask designs.

Would be pretty neat actually, in my opinion. The mask can de designed using Illustrator and cut specifically for the mask, and wouldn't require touchups. Might be lighter as well - no need for tons of clearcoat.

I'm wondering when HGI is going to do goal mask designs.

Would be pretty neat actually, in my opinion. The mask can de designed using Illustrator and cut specifically for the mask, and wouldn't require touchups. Might be lighter as well - no need for tons of clearcoat.

I'm pretty sure some people have used the camo-dip things on masks before, but it would be cool to see a specialized version that was precise for a mask.

when i was at the Canucks sale about 2 years ago they had a Panthers bag, Ehrhoffs sharks franchise pants, some black gloves and some other things that wasn't canucks gear that i cant remember.

I've also seen tons of gear from players traded to the Canucks at previous equipment sales. Bags, gloves, pants, shells, you name it!

Some of the experts can correct me, but players take their gear home in the summer, and even take extra sticks with them. I dont know how it works for players who wont be coming back to their respective teams in regards to UFA's. I imagine retired players go home with all of their gear, not sure if they are allowed to take many sticks.

A few of the players I play against in my league still have their team bags from their respective teams (One LA Kings bag sticks out in my mind).

Zach

Depends on your relationship with the EQM as well. A friend of mine used to play for Brynas IF and Jokerit in Europe; he said they'd limit you on how much gear you can bring home "for free" before paying extra to take more gear. When he was playing for Jokerit he told me at the end of the season Clarke Wilm was broke but wanted to keep his jersey so he threw it over the glass to his wife.