Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crispy92

Increase foward pitch

I've been playing ice for the past couple months and recently just went back to roller hockey and im noticing the amount of heel pitch my skates have and its a bit excessive (mission lieutenants) and was wondering if there is anyway to increase the forward pitch of the skate. I currently have footbeds in the skate that have a little foam pad on the bottom of the heel that helps but it is still really noticeable.

If I recall I saw someone actually made a Heel wedge for the chassis but I could be wrong. Any one want to chime in.

You can make heel wedges out of some nylon/hard plastic, taper them down from the back to front, drill the corresponding holes, remove the rear skate rivets, and put the wedges/new hardware in. The problem with raising your foot from inside the skate is your foot moves out of the pocket and which will lead to heel lift, no bueno. Go pick up a cheap cutting board from the dollar store, that should work just fine.

Like Greasy17 writes, I bought a cheap polyethylene cutting board and cut out small lifts to the shape of heel of these Sprung frames and sanded them to a wedge shape. It's the white plastic piece on the heel in this picture.

SprungFlexlite18.jpg