Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giogolf

Reebok leaving the hockey business to focus on CCM?

While this may or may not have anything to do with this. I have noticed quite a few NHLer's using CCM U+CL elbows. Where almost all NHLer's were in old 7k elbows. Could be seeing a product shift.

Hey guys, my first comment here.

I was looking around in CCM's webpage for gear and now there are new goalie gear. and noticed that new CCM Pro Chest goalie protector has a JDP technology. I think there haven't been a Jofa technologies in CCM products before. maybe than there is a possibilty that Reebok will leave hockey.

im sure rbk was using the jofa numbers for their protective nhl% boost. why not.

my concern with this is ccm going to come back to roller. in ice i can find many boots that work for me. in roller it used to be ccm, until then it was just rbk bc ccm didnt do roller skates anymore. if theres no more rbk either i dont know if i can find a suitable skate. (real wide, lace lock isnt a kust but is huge)

just take a look at reebok skate prices, all of a sudden 20 k's went from $799 to $599. somethings up.

Couldn't possibly be that the new models come out in the spring, and they're discounting current models?

just take a look at reebok skate prices, all of a sudden 20 k's went from $799 to $599. somethings up.

Do you think that Bauer is going out of business too because they have some of last years skates on clearance too?

they are not going to abandon the RiBCOR, it just might become a CCM stick in its next life. I dont think its going to be quite as drastic as some are speculating, it will probably just make marketing the brand and advertizing much easier by not having to promote two separate names all the time.

but to the point that the original person who brought this topic back up, the 20K skate dropping in price is more evidence that the RIBCOR skate will be coming out soon. I think you might want to snag those 20k at the clearance price instead of waiting, because I dont know if theres gonna be much of a difference in the skates.

“When Adidas bought Reebok it was a schizophrenic as a brand,” Sporting Goods Intelligence President John Horan told The Post, referring to its presence in fitness and sportswear. “The right idea is to focus on people in studios buying Lululemons,” Horan said.

-shudder-

I don't think reebok is doing very good and sells are going down each year especially with their sticks..

I can see LHS who have stock piles of unsold 20k's, Ai's, Ribcore's and so on compare to all they others they have the most unsold sticks In my area.

if they are loosing ground and it becomes unprofitable to keep the reebok brand they will eventually pull out no doubt.

shame because it my hockey brand and would be really disappointed to see them go.

I"m ok with Reebok leaving if it means strengthening the CCM brand. Someone needs to do a better job of competing and applying pressure on Bauer.

The Pump technology is single-handedly my favourite feature of Reebok skates, as it actually works well for me. I would be bummed if that left with Reebok. But I have a feeling it would end up in a CCM Tacks model.

The Pump technology is single-handedly my favourite feature of Reebok skates, as it actually works well for me. I would be bummed if that left with Reebok. But I have a feeling it would end up in a CCM Tacks model.

i am not sure, however, i could see the ribcor line possibly porting over to a third CCM line, if their intention is indeed to model off Bauer's three lines.

i am not sure, however, i could see the ribcor line possibly porting over to a third CCM line, if their intention is indeed to model off Bauer's three lines.

Three lines would make sense. I thought for years that the Pump was just a silly gimmick until I was having issues with heel lock. We'll see how long my new 16K skates last...

A bunch of money was probably sunk into the Ribcor line, I am thinking...