Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Warrior Vanek pattern - gone for good?

Hey guys,

Trying to verify that the Warrior Vanek pattern is gone for good? If this is old new, I do apologize, but that curve has become my bread and butter.

Thanks for any info...

Oh, wow, didn't even think of that...kind of out of the loop concerning equipment. Not like the old days when I had the time to pour over all the equipment developments each year :)

Thanks for the info, mate. Need to check in here more often.

I'm going to take this opportunity to voice my strong desire for Warrior to reinstate the Vanek pattern as a regular retail curve. It has definitely grown on me after Keith (miseaujeu) suggested I put it on my Widow.

I'm going to take this opportunity to voice my strong desire for Warrior to reinstate the Vanek pattern as a regular retail curve. It has definitely grown on me after Keith (miseaujeu) suggested I put it on my Widow.

I whole heartedly agree!!! Bring back Vanek!!! Bring back Vanek!!!

I have both. In the show it off thread, there is a side by side comparison of the curve. They are as close as you will ever get when dealing with different manufacturers, unless they both use the same factory, and by extension, the same mold.

EDIT:

Here is the pic:

twigs3.jpg

Thanks for the comparison guys. The P89 looks slightly deeper and starts more at the heel, and slightly more open in the mid toe as well; though that could completely be the angle of the picture.

Hmm, very intriguing. Too bad the P89 isn't a regular retail curve either. Whoever can put that curve out first gets my next purchase haha not that it matters... Unless I can teach myself to use a Burrows/PM9 next, if in which case, the floor is open, but i digress.

Another option is the Easton Darby, which is basically the same as the Vanek/P89. Not a retail curve either, but I see them reasonably often on pro returns from local shops.

That, or just stock up on existing Vanek blades/sticks if you don't want to go the custom route with Warrior or Bauer.

Another option is the Easton Darby, which is basically the same as the Vanek/P89. Not a retail curve either, but I see them reasonably often on pro returns from local shops.

That, or just stock up on existing Vanek blades/sticks if you don't want to go the custom route with Warrior or Bauer.

Yeah, one would normally stock up, but I'm not normal lol. It's all about trying new things now that I have a 2 piece setup in the works!

The slight differences in the blades can be almost entirely attributed to the fact that the Vanek (left) has a gloss finish, and the P89 (right) has a matte finish. This causes the concrete to reflect slightly in the photo. As I mentioned, they are about as close as you can ever hope for without using the same mold for both.

Might just be me but the retail Vaneks I have seen look like Darby/P89 curves while the ones of the customizer are more of a heel curve.

I want it back as well. I voiced my opinion about this on here a few months ago. I have since been searching for blades. I don't feel that I should have to special order ($$$) a stick based on a pattern that was once available. I've grown frustrated with the vendors providing a lot of the same patterns but only changing the toe of the blades.

Yes the Darby, P89 and the Vanek are all very similar. Vendors; Please bring this pattern to retail. It ROCKS!! .

Yeah I can't find ANY Vanek blades in the Toronto area! Had to order some from south of the border. Iv used this pattern for at least 10 years! Started with the wooden Hespeler Weight. Getting pretty tough to find these beauties. Think I should stock up! I say we get a petition thread or forum. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hijack, but Ive pretty much bought every Vanek blade I could find online and it looks like its gone for good. Really like Warrior blades/sticks and trying to figure what will work for me. The Kovalev looks a bit too open, like the look of the Savard/Burrows (I like the slight curve), but might not be open enough. Without going custom, what patterns have some of you guys gone to from Vanek and had a similar feel?

For myself, I was an avid P106 fan, with the only quirk being that I felt the lie was a little bit too high and/or the rocker was a little bit too much. Moving to the Vanek corrected those issues for me. Thanks to Keith once more for the recommendation on having it put on my custom Widow!

I've recently purchased a Warrior Dynasty Burrows to slide into a Dolomite shaft I grabbed previously. Although like you said, it is definitely not as open as the Vanek and doesn't have the same loft to it, I've found it to be a very pleasant and easy transition. Same numerical lie and plays the same in that department for me.

If you are a competent shooter, I think you will have no trouble picking your spots once more. I find that in the shooting motion, the smallest bit of a flick in the toe during the follow-through is all that's needed to pick the same corners as on the Vanek. Same great control of the puck when stick handling. Passing has never been more accurate for me and sending saucer passes the width of the rink can be done very easily with an open-blade follow through

The Vanek, as of now, is still my favorite curve and I'm in a similar situation as you regarding that search, however with more time, I believe that the PM9/Burrows/Cammalleri will take over that position.

Thats good to hear, thanks for the reply. Ill pick up a Savard/Burrows and see how it goes. Im sure I can adjust to the more closed face, thats really the only thing that was bothering me about it. The Kovalev looks a bit too open for me so the Savard seems to be the closest pattern to what Im looking for, cant hurt to try. If you dont mind, could you post a picture of the Burrows next to your Vanek? If not, no big deal I just havent seen one in person yet and Ive always felt the "blade chart" photos dont really give an accurate depiction. Thanks again for the reply.

Is that a P89 removable blade? How'd you find one of them? Pro stock?

I just saw this thread now as I was looking for a Vanek replacement (can't find any :( ) and was wonering the same thing. I use shafts with replacement blades so this would be huge if I could find a vanek clone in a replacement blade.