Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

Nicksmission - that would be the Hossa curve (I believe he's new to CCM)

....and you can see all the RBZ patterns on our blog post re: the RBZ here (lots of product details as well). This is from our Marketplace forum post:

http://www.modsquadh...pre-order-link/

For more clarification - the Hossa curve is the 2011 Thornton curve.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hmmm now i dont understand something in msh catalog Landeskog curve is like bergeron one and in the purehockey one its the Crazy ovi one.Wich one is accurate?

Hmmm now i dont understand something in msh catalog Landeskog curve is like bergeron one and in the purehockey one its the Crazy ovi one.Wich one is accurate?

i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd guess since the msh catalog is the actual ccm catalog, their description of it being like the bergeron curve would be the correct comparison. the thing i find a bit more confusing is that they also compare that curve to a bauer toews. having used a rbk bergeron and currently using a toews, find them to be nothing alike, but then again, it could just be pp.

Catalogue is correct as per product manager; Landeskog is close to Toews.

And to add onto that; the Bergeron has been changed for this year; that's where the confusion comes from. That's why they are all similar.

Going to a CCM event this Saturday and will get the chance to use one of these bad boys. I will post my thoughts after I get the chance to run the stick through its paces.

I really had high hopes when I first heard about but my expectations get lower and lower every time I read new information about it. I'm now down to hopeful, but skeptical. Still looking forward to trying one next week though.

I had a chance to be on the ice with this stick and had a chance to use it for about an hour (along with the 20K Skate). I have to say this is the first time in a long time I am excited for a CCM stick to launch! It has great feel, which in all honesty I did not think it would have due to the blade construction, and the pop it has is amazing. I ended up using a 85 flex Hossa curve to demo and cut it to length (roughly 4" removed). After cutting the stick still had pretty good balance, and the shaft has a shape similar to the current Crazy Light sticks. The only downfall I really saw in the stick is that the initial release will only have grip sticks, which I do not really care for. For those who do like the grip coatings I found it to be decently tacky but not crazy sticky like some of the brands/models. If anybody wants any details just ask and I will do my best to answer questions.

ccmdemo.jpg

Figured I would add a photo of the line-up as well. Sorry about the poor quality I was in a hurry to get on the ice!

I got to try this stick out for a while for my beer league game, overall it has a very nice feel to it. I am not a fan of low kick sticks, so its "custom" kick point really felt nice to shoot. Puck feel i found was adequate, but the blade felt great to shoot with. Overall I'd say this stick might be one of the best on the market.

Still not a huge fan of the graphics however.

I found the blade to be really responsive.Its a hard blade that doesnt twist when you receive a pass or take a shot.I really like the shaft and loved the white botom.

I've used this a couple of times now and it's really promising. The custom kick point and the shaft take a game or two to get used to. For some, I assume it will take more than a game or two. But this thing has real pop. I didn't feel any negative with the blade (no vibration, puck feel is solid, etc). I think it'll take some time before the durability of the blade question gets answered for real - but that's the only issue left here - this is undoubtedly CCM's best stick in a long long long time.

I found the blade to be really responsive.Its a hard blade that doesnt twist when you receive a pass or take a shot.I really like the shaft and loved the white botom.

I agree with all of this.

RBZ may be my favorite blade to shoot ever.

I've used this a couple of times now and it's really promising. The custom kick point and the shaft take a game or two to get used to. For some, I assume it will take more than a game or two. But this thing has real pop. I didn't feel any negative with the blade (no vibration, puck feel is solid, etc). I think it'll take some time before the durability of the blade question gets answered for real - but that's the only issue left here - this is undoubtedly CCM's best stick in a long long long time.

would you say the shaft profile is somewhat similar to the nexus 1000?

would you say the shaft profile is somewhat similar to the nexus 1000?

The RBZ feels much larger and heavier in the hands than the nexus. The velocity on slapshots was nice, but I wasn't a fan of the feel of the blade or performance on wrist shots.

The RBZ feels much larger and heavier in the hands than the nexus. The velocity on slapshots was nice, but I wasn't a fan of the feel of the blade or performance on wrist shots.

sorry, used the wrong choice of words in my question. what i meant to say was flex profile, not shaft dimensions.

I thought the stick looked good in person, felt good in my hands, had nice balance, and felt responsive when stick handling.

Shooting wise, wrist shots and snap shots felt OK, and slap shots took off. The one thing going against it was that I don't usually use grip sticks and the one I tried had grip.

I know the stick has a lot of hype behind it and that people are going to expect it to be a revolutionary product, but I think its a good stick that can definitely join the company of the other brand's top sticks.