Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjlasota

Graf Model Year differences with fit and look

I'm looking at purchasing my first pair of Graf's in the next month or so and I'm wondering on the fit for some of them. I've noticed a few places online offer different model years for the past few years. They're offering this years model, including 09's and 10's. My questions this: take the Ultra G3's for instance. The 2010 model, the tongue low profile. The 2011 model the tongue is at the same height as the heel pad. There obviously is a difference in flexability with these two skates, but is there a difference in fit? Will the skate fit to my foot differently depending on the model year or are the tongues just different between the 2 years. 2010 G35 skate had a high tongue, where the 2009 G35 had a low profile tongue. I still plan on going to a shop to get properly fitted, just wondering if all they have for me to try on is the 2011 G5's, and I can get the 2010 G5's with the low profile tongue, will they still fit the same?

OK, in a nutshell.

The boot construction has been the same with the exception of the tongue material. (e.g a 2009 Ultra G5 boot is constructed to the same specs as a 2010 and a 2011)

The black low profile and the white felt of the regular production models are roughly the same thickness.

So, don't worry too much about what you might be missing with the skate you are not able to try on.

you have to do some homework when looking for Graf skates .Each skate fits differently.A 705 fits different then the 709. The 7 series is a top of the lne boot. the 5 series is a lower end boot. you should try on the skate to see if it fits your foot type. thats why Graf has so many different number series. G7, G3,-703-705-735 etc,etc Good luck. they do make a great skate.Ive had my 705s for 9years ,just replaced the tongue. the boot is solid.

The different tounges will fit differently on your feet. I had a pair with the short black tounge and now have a pair of ultras with the white felt. IMO the white felt is def thinner and has given me a better overall fit in the boot. I didn't care too much for the short black tounges. They were just too thick. Now realize the newer models have changed this year. They have went to a different material. Def get them fitted by someone who knows what they are doing. The skates fit a very certain foot and it really helps having a good dealer. Graf does customs too. Usually around $100 more than the retail model. Great deal for custom skates for right around the same price as other companies top end retail.

This is somewhat fitting with the tittle of the thread.

I recently purchased a pair of barely used 705's, and I am wondering around what year these were made in. They have the white "supra 705" logo on the side and Tuuk plus blades installed using rms screws. The Tuuk holders look like a factory installation and the white outsole is stamped with "Made in Switzerland" although there is a sticker that said that they were made in Canada but of foreign materials. The stitching is different from my current pair of 705's purchased in 2008.

Charles

This is somewhat fitting with the tittle of the thread.

I recently purchased a pair of barely used 705's, and I am wondering around what year these were made in. They have the white "supra 705" logo on the side and Tuuk plus blades installed using rms screws. The Tuuk holders look like a factory installation and the white outsole is stamped with "Made in Switzerland" although there is a sticker that said that they were made in Canada but of foreign materials. The stitching is different from my current pair of 705's purchased in 2008.

Charles

These could be pretty much 1994-2000. After that they started with the Cobrablades if I remember correctly!