Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brown's are just regular TO, but I've been meaning to ask as someone here might know...Brown, Ryder, and Horton all have blacked out TO's...does Bauer make them specially at their request or are they doing it themselves once they receive the skates? Last season for example Brown just sharpied or spraypainted over the gold highlight on the back of the skate and the rest of the boot looked like a normal TO, but this season they are completely black with out the normal detailing on them.

thought you might find this interesting.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Game-Used-Pro-Stock-Ice-Hockey-Skates-LA-KINGS-BAUER-TOTAL-ONE-SUPREME-BROWN-/261001632904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4e8dc88#ht_500wt_1363

Well..Adidas does NBA..the only items that really have their 3 stripes..are the warmups/practice gear. The actual game jerseys (worn in game..not the replicas) have litte to no/if any Adidas logos on them.

Example.

Warmups.

Carmelo+Anthony+New+York+Knicks+Introduce+I8-eurzkNQzl.jpg

131430833_131n.jpg

Game.

Jeremy+Lin+New+York+Knicks+v+Washington+Wizards+gVveE7_EX3dl.jpg

Any thoughts Addidas might do what they do in golf?

Brand the apparel Addidas and then lets the sport's traditional brands continue? Like Addidas, Taylormade, and Maxfli?

Addidas jerseys and brand all equipment CCM?

Here is a picture of McDonald's broken lid

http://img593.images...3/2510/s19u.jpg

Shouldn't these helmets be holding up to a bit more? I know Easton is shooting for the 'lightest' helmet on the market, but at what cost? The Zetterberg hit didn't look like there was too much mustard on it, I can at least understand the McDonald one.

Shouldn't these helmets be holding up to a bit more? I know Easton is shooting for the 'lightest' helmet on the market, but at what cost? The Zetterberg hit didn't look like there was too much mustard on it, I can at least understand the McDonald one.

But I mean does the helmet honestly even need to be lighter, I was thinking about this the other night and I can't recall ever wearing a helmet that was heavy and I've only used Bauer 5000s and 4500s. Neither of those are new models either so at what cost is your own safety for it?

Maybe the helmet hit on a bad angle? The Warrior is a four piece helmet so perhaps that had sometihng to do with it. I would like to think that a helmet showing that stress is better because it would mean that the helmet absorbed most of the shock instead of transferring it to the head. McDonald is fine apparently (even with a concussion history) and so is Zetterberg.

Curious, Is a Sharpie really what they use? I've seen that Valtteri Filppula does the same thing on the heel of his skates.

ive done this on my skates and here is how i do it.

i use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharpie-Paint-Marker-Pen-Oil-Based-Med-Point-Black-/170820646623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c5b436df#ht_2138wt_1140

i have total ones so i black out the same spots, the heel ring you might have to sand a little because the rubbery coating on it doesnt hold well (i used nail polish remover which wasnt the best idea prob but it removed the rubbery texture altogether). it needs to be touched up once in awhile but in my opinion looks much better

Maybe the helmet hit on a bad angle? The Warrior is a four piece helmet so perhaps that had sometihng to do with it. I would like to think that a helmet showing that stress is better because it would mean that the helmet absorbed most of the shock instead of transferring it to the head. McDonald is fine apparently (even with a concussion history) and so is Zetterberg.

I think that helmet did exactly what it was supposed to do. Have you ever seen someone after a motorcycle accident? Their helmets are usually split in half. The helmet takes the impact, not the head.

ive done this on my skates and here is how i do it.

i use: http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2138wt_1140

i have total ones so i black out the same spots, the heel ring you might have to sand a little because the rubbery coating on it doesnt hold well (i used nail polish remover which wasnt the best idea prob but it removed the rubbery texture altogether). it needs to be touched up once in awhile but in my opinion looks much better

Mind posting pics?

5vuko1.jpg

using the paint pen also doesnt give any purple tint (mine look slightly purple from flash) like a regular sharpie as seen in browns pair.

Thanks ..Good info

I realize I'm late to the game on the whole adidas topic, but I was thinking about what one of the posters said about Adidas plan to snuf Reebok out. I would find that a very curious move in light of the concerted effort Reebok has made to establish itself as a hockey company.

Is this related to the re-emphasis on ccm?

curious.

I realize I'm late to the game on the whole adidas topic, but I was thinking about what one of the posters said about Adidas plan to snuf Reebok out. I would find that a very curious move in light of the concerted effort Reebok has made to establish itself as a hockey company.

Is this related to the re-emphasis on ccm?

curious.

Reebok Hockey is a very small portion of Reebok in total. Also Reebok doesn't compete very well internationally with Nike...adidas probably feels if they remove a player from the game they are better positioned to compete head to head with Nike. Just my thoughts.