Helmet: RBK 11k vs Bauer 9900 vs CCM V10

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

I am intending to buy a new helmet - see selection.
Would be Great to hear experiences, how they compare / differ etc

#2 raganblink

raganblink
  • Members+

• 1,523 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

Get what fits best.

#3 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'd say weight is also important. Do they differ in Breaking in, so beeing more comfortable after some time.

#4 Desert

Desert
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

I am intending to buy a new helmet - see selection.
Would be Great to hear experiences, how they compare / differ etc

I just bought a V10. Tried on the 9900, 11K, and also the Cascade. From a weight and protection issue, they are very similar. But they fit very different and the V10 fit me the best. Go with what fits you the best.

#5 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

Thank you to hear weight is about the same. Is the v10 the most comfortable one? Are the other tighter fitting?

#6 Andoy

Andoy
  • Members+
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:42 AM

Try them all on. I doubt the shape of your heads are identical.

#7 duch

duch
  • Members+
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

I'm with raganblink on this one. Get the one that fits you the best. The 11K and CCM V-10 will probably be the lightest of the four however fit is essential and that is what you should base you decision on. All have decent protection.

#8 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

Thank you for your Input! Should the helmet fit quite close or is there any other advice when finding the right fit?

#9 AIREAYE

AIREAYE
  • Members+

• 2,899 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

A few rules of thumb when putting on a helmet:

- No more than 2 finger widths from the eyebrows to the front crown of the helmet (this is the roughest RoT, people's eyebrows/head shapes are different)
- Once on your head make sure the employee helping you has tightened all the clips and such to conform it to your head, moving your head side-to-side and up and down should produce no movement of the helmet
-Make sure the back of your helmet covers enough of your head (again, this is rough due to head shapes)

Bottom line: helmet should fit snug without movement when you move your head.

The 11k/ Reebok helmets in general fit players with a wider head than what you'd get with your Eastons or some Bauers, but don't take that to heart, TRY THEM ON.

#10 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Great!

#11 sharks25

sharks25
  • Members+
  • 860 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Thought that I would revive this topic. I had a 9900 but it got cracked when i got a cuncussion. Does anyone know of a helmet that fits similar to the 9900 but slightly deeper? I tried on the V10 M and L, and 8K L(they were out of M's). Does the M fit with a similar width or length? The depth was good on the Reebok. All my LHS are out of M's :( Any feedback would help. Thanks guys.

#12 Cove

Cove
  • Members+
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Stop asking for advice so you can cheap out $20 and use hockeymonkey. Go to a store where its someones job to insure you have the proper fitting helmet. Ive laughed at people who come in and complain the helmet they bought online doesnt fit..

#13 sharks25

sharks25
  • Members+
  • 860 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Once again, all of my LHS are out of Mediums. That also said that they weren't planning on ordering more anytime soon. So, I can't have them insure that I get a proper fitting helmet when they don't have a helmet that is the right size.

#14 markush

markush
  • Members+
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Especially for helmets I'd really suggest to try them out before buying. Along with skates there two things you should really try (as they have a major impact on your performance and safety).