Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lsamped

glove maintenance

I realize there is a thread titled "how to clean your smelly gloves" that says you should pour boiling water into your gloves to clean them, but it is old so i am just going to ask my question here. I have bauer 4 rolls and when i go to pour the boiling water in them, it all seeps out through the little holes in the fingers of the glove. do you guys have any suggestions?

I realize there is a thread titled "how to clean your smelly gloves" that says you should pour boiling water into your gloves to clean them, but it is old so i am just going to ask my question here. I have bauer 4 rolls and when i go to pour the boiling water in them, it all seeps out through the little holes in the fingers of the glove. do you guys have any suggestions?

Dry them in front of a fan after doing that. When dry use Barbasol shaving cream in the blue/yellow can (has lanolin in it) and apply liberally to the palms. After each use I spray with anti-bacterial Febreze and put them in front of a fan until totally dry.

+ 1 on the shaving cream... keeps the palms oh-so-soft, and smells good too. Make sure you put it on the outside where the palms contact the shaft. Dont put in inside like I did :facepalm: ... obviously hurt like hell when I took the glove off and tried to wipe my brow with my hand.

Anybody ever throw their gloves in the washing machine? I just got a pair of my gloves back from a friend and the smell is unbareable. The gloves are nylon with nash palms if that matters. I'd hate to ruin them by washing them, but I can't even keep them in my house they smell so bad...

I sprayed mine with pet odor spray that also kills ticks, and the smell disappeared after a couple days.

I did find out I was allergic to the spray, but that's another story.

I am so hesistant to pour boiling water on my Eagles I just got though, almost too pricey to ruin the leather on them

I sprayed mine with pet odor spray that also kills ticks, and the smell disappeared after a couple days.

I did find out I was allergic to the spray, but that's another story.

I am so hesistant to pour boiling water on my Eagles I just got though, almost too pricey to ruin the leather on them

Anti-bacterial febreeze and some yellow barbasol on the palms should keep your gloves smelling fresh

I have run all nylon gloves through the washer on the gentle cycle before with no bad results. I wouldn't recommend doing it often though if you want them to last. I would not try it with leather gloves.

I think spraying and drying is your best bet. You can search the forum for a home made spray of alcohol and water that is said to work well. Boiling water just seems like a really bad idea to me.

I rotate gloves and just dry them in front of a fan after use. That works for me.

How does that work. I have some of that which I use when I don't have time to wet shave. I was going to order some of the yellow can because it has lanolin for use on palms

just put some on the outside of the palms and rub it in until it is all gone. i have used this on baseball gloves for years. the red can i belive also has lanolin in it i could be wrong though. it has worked great for me.

just put some on the outside of the palms and rub it in until it is all gone. i have used this on baseball gloves for years. the red can i belive also has lanolin in it i could be wrong though. it has worked great for me.

I checked and it doesn't contain lanolin. Still a good shaving cream!

Anti-bacterial febreeze and some yellow barbasol on the palms should keep your gloves smelling fresh

worked out great, the gloves went from selling like Wade Redden's ass to fresh laundry

i don't know if this is off-topic but I know some guys who use clear tape in place of a regular white or grip tape on the top-end of the stick. It provides as good of a grip and prevents your glove from wear in the palm area. I started using it on one of my game sticks recently.

i don't know if this is off-topic but I know some guys who use clear tape in place of a regular white or grip tape on the top-end of the stick. It provides as good of a grip and prevents your glove from wear in the palm area. I started using it on one of my game sticks recently.

I do this sometimes. Some find it too slippery though

I just picked up a tube of lanolin cream last night. I've been doing the shaving cream thing and never found it to do me any good, palms are still all crusty. Digging around Google and baseball forums, lots of good things were said about lanolin, so I figure just skip the middle man and put a TINY bit of the real deal on there. Going to give it a shot later this week.

I might be way off here... but isn't lanolin really going to help actual natural leather palms?

Will lanolin or any oil would just mess up synthetic palms (clarino) on the 4 rolls?

Just wondering.

worked out great, the gloves went from selling like Wade Redden's ass to fresh laundry

Same here, the barbasol is cheap (less than $1.50 a can) and it made my kids gloves smell 100% better. I rubbed 2 or 3 globs into each palm and put them on the boot/glove dryer, 40 minutes later the palms were soft and the gloves smelled good. Thanks for the tip!

I just picked up a tube of lanolin cream last night. I've been doing the shaving cream thing and never found it to do me any good, palms are still all crusty. Digging around Google and baseball forums, lots of good things were said about lanolin, so I figure just skip the middle man and put a TINY bit of the real deal on there. Going to give it a shot later this week.

I finally got around to trying this on a pair of very crusty Nash palms. I put a little bit of the lanolin on the inside and outside of the palms and worked it in with my finger. After a few days, the palm is very soft and flexible. I'm going to see how it plays on Monday just to make sure there are no adverse reactions (i.e. slippery or sticky or anything) but so far it's worked 10x better than any shaving cream ever did.

If anyone's curious, these guys stayed very soft throughout the game, very pliable. Only downside was the inside fingers on one glove were just a bit sticky as I used too much lanolin. If it were possible to apply it to the inside and then scrape it would be ideal, but it's worked incredibly well. Down the road I might look into those fancy baseball glove creams that have lanolin, but this tube should last a good long time and I don't know if I'll need to apply it for quite a while. If anything, the palms should now feel pretty good until they wear through.