Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noodle3872

Jonathan Toews - The new face of Bauer Hockey

Just to add a little more speculation to the fire, I heard last week that Toews was being wooed by Reebok. It looks like everybody is taking a shot at this kid.

It was reported in the Hockey News.

Slightly related, Erik Johnson said today on Twitter that he re-upped with Easton.

As far as the Toews situation, Bauer is holding their athlete summit this week, and I havent seen any mention of Toews attending.

It was reported in the Hockey News.

We'll see. Until Bauer or Toews announces something then it is all up in the air. The word I had was that Toews was spotted skating practically head to toe in Reebok and someone I believe mentioned said Reebok was trying to land the kid. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Not a bad time to be the reigning Conn Smythe winner.

From their Facebook page.

Bauer Hockey, Inc. All the athletes have checked in...Kane, Stamkos, Johnson, Kesler, Eric Staal, Kessel, Seguin, Lundqvist, Schenn, Dubnyk, and Carter...hitting the ice in the morning. Stay tuned for photos and updates

They could be keeping it a surprise though.

The piss-fest between the Bauer Hockey fans about Toews is quite entertaining, however.

Why would they? Toews isn't THAT big of a name.

I haven't heard of any deal with Bauer.

I've heard that he will sign a deal with Easton. Granted it was off of phEW and Bauer's Fb page, but hasn't he been using Easton equipment?

I've heard that he will sign a deal with Easton. Granted it was off of phEW and Bauer's Fb page, but hasn't he been using Easton equipment?

Initially, but then he went with Warrior for gloves/sticks.

Depends on the deal, I suppose. I recall Iginla being a Bauer guy while having the Easton Iginla pattern a few years back.

Iginla was a Nike Pro guy. He endorsed the baselayer stuff, not Bauer hockey equipment.

I heard he signed with Sher-wood and they're renaming the Coffey the Toews. Apparently he's a huge fan of the 9950.... who knew. He's also been seen wearing Torspo skates and Black Biscuit inline pants on ice......crazy

Not sure how on topic this is, but checking out 5030's a couple days back the Stastny was a Coffey curve and the Ryan looked like a Spezza.

Very interesting. It must have just happened as we just received our shipment of new Warrior Dolomites and the old Draper is indeed called the Toews on the ones we had. Maybe they'll be worth extra money, like misprintred baseball cards or something. LOL

you can Bank on that ;)

Really sucks that he isn't with you guys any longer, but your company always picks up tons of guys simply because of the great products. Keep it up. :)

Really sucks that he isn't with you guys any longer, but your company always picks up tons of guys simply because of the great products. Keep it up. :)

I bet the second he hits a slump, he starts reaching for an old Dolo...

He's going with a situation that is the very best for his brand. Can't fault a dude for that.

That's ok, Warrior has some of my favorite players to watch using their stuff - Wisniewski, Burrows, Timonen (who, coincidentally, switched OUT of Bauer to go back to using Warrior in the SCF), Kovy, Brooks Laich, Malone, Pronger. The list goes on. I like the players they have assembled.