Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noodle3872

Jonathan Toews - The new face of Bauer Hockey

NOT A CHANCE... sorry for yelling but the two players are on completely different levels. I love Toews..serious hockey crush. He is an outstanding hockey player with tremendous upside.

Max deal might be 500,000 if he managed to hit every bonus. Which might include the Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup.

I seriously doubt he fulfills the life of any deal. He uses what he likes and makes him feel comfortable ---> See other posts mentioning his past history of brand flops.

The fact is, he was with Easton. It had to be a substantial raise, (at least 100 thousand I would bet) for Warrior to get him away from Easton, and another substantial raise for Bauer to bring him on board and to leave Warrior behind. Therefore I think we're talking somewhere between $800,000 and 1.2 million, the guy's market value is huge because of the incredible year he had, combined with the fact that he's well liked and not a divisive figure like Crosby and Ovechkin.

pardon the ignorance here but was he actually endorsed by Easton or was he just a user? I know he was/is getting something from warrior because there's a retail pattern with his name on it, but that's on a different level than being a poster boy, like he will be with Bauer.

$800,000-1.2M endorsement deal?

Ha...

dsjunior - not even close. Not even in the same ballpark, state, let alone continent. I'd be surprised if he made $125K. Like Murph said, max deal would be more but look at what he'd have to do to get it.

Crosby's deal is global, not a hockey endorsement. He is a face of Reebok, not limited to hockey. That is why he's making big bucks.

When will Bauer officially announce Toews as a new endoresee? I didn't see anything about it on their Facebook page or website.

on the topic of bauer, are they discontinuing the p10 curve? they have some x60 sticks with the p10 with the name Wheeler (Blake) so that it looks like a pro stock...im pretty sure its retail, just the name and flex and whatnot looks like its a prostock. but on the mybauer thing, there is no p10. should i get an x60 with the p10 while i still can? or will bauer continue making this curve for retail, just not for the mybauer thing?

$800,000-1.2M endorsement deal?

Ha...

dsjunior - not even close. Not even in the same ballpark, state, let alone continent. I'd be surprised if he made $125K. Like Murph said, max deal would be more but look at what he'd have to do to get it.

Crosby's deal is global, not a hockey endorsement. He is a face of Reebok, not limited to hockey. That is why he's making big bucks.

Ah, I never considerred that Crosby's money was also based on the SC87 clothes and things like commercials for the Zigtech commercials. I just assumed that was near the scale for a hockey endorsement.

on the topic of bauer, are they discontinuing the p10 curve? they have some x60 sticks with the p10 with the name Wheeler (Blake) so that it looks like a pro stock...im pretty sure its retail, just the name and flex and whatnot looks like its a prostock. but on the mybauer thing, there is no p10. should i get an x60 with the p10 while i still can? or will bauer continue making this curve for retail, just not for the mybauer thing?

Is the P92 lie a TRUE 6 lie?

Thanks for keeping ON TOPIC! There is a 2010 Bauer Catalogue thread for questions like this.....

Cant believe that a player only gets like 125k for endorsements? I mean don't get me wrong I'd kill for that kinda money but surely other athletes (NBA, NFL) make a ton more money?

like who and for what brand? like JR said, Sid the exception as he is the global identity of the rbk brand.

the only two I can think of off the top of my head are tiger and Michael, both for Nike.

like who and for what brand? like JR said, Sid the exception as he is the global identity of the rbk brand.

the only two I can think of off the top of my head are tiger and Michael, both for Nike.

I was thinking Tiger and LeBron, I'm a marketing major I should know these things :biggrin: but if it only costs in the lower hundred thousands to endorse a hockey player then a lot more brands should be taking chances on young players who are up and coming.

Kevin durant signed a 60 million dollar contract with Nike coming out of college, for 7 years. LeBron James very famously signed a $90 Million contract with Nike when he left High School, all though I don't remember how long the contract was for. Those are two I know of right off the top. I would assume Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Dwyane Wade's deals are in the same area.

Kevin durant signed a 60 million dollar contract with Nike coming out of college, for 7 years. LeBron James very famously signed a $90 Million contract with Nike when he left High School, all though I don't remember how long the contract was for. Those are two I know of right off the top. I would assume Kobe, Dwight Howard, and Dwyane Wade's deals are in the same area.

Meanwhile Crosby is making chump change, damn I would have held out for a lot more money if I were him based off the sheer principle that a rookie NBA player makes that much money while an NHL All-Star talent gets near squat in comparison.

Axxion - believe it.

There is more money in those sports, not to mention, ESPECIALLY in basketball and golf, it is individually-geared, as in signature products. They are essentially sub-brands at that point; (Jordan, Tiger Woods) Crosby and Ovechkin's brands are apparel and youth equipment. In the NBA, all of those players mentioned have a signature shoe - a shoe that has an extreme profit margin.

The Hockey News - July 5, 2010 Edition states;

"Crosby recently agreed to the largest endorsement deal in NHL history and is the face of Reebok; Toews will soon be named the lead pitchman for Bauer Hockey."

At this time, I can't imagine a more impactful player to make the face of your hockey company than Toews. He's a winner at every level and will likely continue to improve.

What do you think, is the signing good for Bauer Hockey?

Mike

Thats like a dream, Seguin, Stammer, Toews great deal

Last, I recall a certain player at TPS who was signed to a deal ($10k or so; I'd have to dig up a copy of the contract), wasn't expected to make the NHL team, was recalled about 10 games in, and went on to hit EVERY performance marker listed in the contract for roughly a $90k bonus. Somedays, these deals just make you laugh.

Bobby Ryan?

First, you have to be in the top 10% of the league (in most cases) to get a full endorsement deal. Start praying.

Second, in the event that you would've held out, they would've told you to fuck off and moved on to the next player. PERIOD!

Third, endorsees are few and far between and the deals/dollars vary from company to company. Crosby is an EXCEPTION, NOT the rule, and obviously is getting much more for endorsing some non-hockey items. Ovechkin is scratching low 6figs ($100-150k) if that. You'd be surprised to know that a good number of endorsees are paid based on how the stick with their name sells at retail, and then earn bonuses based on certain on-ice performance markers.

Last, I recall a certain player at TPS who was signed to a deal ($10k or so; I'd have to dig up a copy of the contract), wasn't expected to make the NHL team, was recalled about 10 games in, and went on to hit EVERY performance marker listed in the contract for roughly a $90k bonus. Somedays, these deals just make you laugh.

That sucks for guys like Getzlaf, getting put on a low selling curve while the Zetterberg and Sakic fly off the shelves.

Meanwhile Crosby is making chump change, damn I would have held out for a lot more money if I were him based off the sheer principle that a rookie NBA player makes that much money while an NHL All-Star talent gets near squat in comparison.

Thing is not every kid is gunna buy RBK 11ks. But any kid at any place at any point in time can wear some Kobe V's, or Lebron VII's. I know that Sid is in a global deal but its not quite the same. I'm willing to bet that in European countries European players are heald in a much higher regard than Sid with hockey fans.

Just to add a little more speculation to the fire, I heard last week that Toews was being wooed by Reebok. It looks like everybody is taking a shot at this kid.

Sid isn't really about the money. Yeah I'm sure he is grateful for the 1 mil but he has a bunch of other endorsements as well like Gatorade and from a quick Google search Telus Corp and Upper Deck.

Back to the Toews deal though, I thought he rocked Warrior pretty well. Sucks they lost a a big namer right there. They should rename the Draper regardless to someone else.