Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

x:60 Glove

the x:60 pro will have the digital palm

I have been testing an X:60 Pro glove with the digital palm. The feel is great. The palm gets your hand around the glove seamlessly. The glove is extremely light which makes it feel weightless when holding your stick. The glove does have a Cooper Techni-flex influence. The feature that I particularly like is in the shape of the glove along the outside of your hand. The glove has been tapered on the outside to contour in to your wrist. This allows you to bring your top hand closer to your body and your bottom hand as well. I am wearing the glove in 14" and although it appears big for me, it fits perfectly.

I've never been a fan of the tight wristed gloves and the hinged inner cuff design. That being said, after trying it on at the MSH Show, and being an Eagle glove fanboy, this is by far the best fitting and feeling glove in that 'Category' that I've ever tried on. Great mobility and nice and light.

I still don't like how they split the rolls up on the pinkie side. I think it's a neat choice in graphics, one big Vapor series "X" graphic. The digital palm was a little predictable IMO. :P

I still don't like how they split the rolls up on the pinkie side. I think it's a neat choice in graphics, one big Vapor series "X" graphic. The digital palm was a little predictable IMO. :P

now you mentioned the X i like that part but i still think the glove itself looks real bad

After hearing about that there are some Techniflex influences, I can't wait to try those on. I used to wear Techniflex back when I played in Bantams and Midgets and I absolutely loved them.

Is the cuff more flared than the XXXX? More like the XXX?

Why was the digital palm predictable?

It's an acquired taste. Some people are gonna hate it because of how it needs to get wet to be soft once it breaks in. Maybe they have a new type of digital.

i think they look pretty good.

one of the few non four roll designs that i like.

xxx's were the best looking gloves without the taditional four roll design. glad to see these look more like the xxx's rather than the xxxx's.

Why was the digital palm predictable?

It's an acquired taste. Some people are gonna hate it because of how it needs to get wet to be soft once it breaks in. Maybe they have a new type of digital.

Someone mentioned the X:60 pro glove to me a couple months back and said "Guess what palm?" I said; "Full digital." Literally, it was predictable... Take a look at the CCM V10 glove, you really don't think Bauer would go with a "pro" glove that didn't one-up them?

The vapor XXX is to the Nissan GTR R34 as is the vapor X:60 is to the Nissan GTR R35. Bauer took a mega leap forward with the vapor XXX in terms of styling and has since moved backwards.

Techniflex? Did someone say Techniflex? I think my Cooper Techniflex are calling for a copyright infringement ;) ...

picture005u.jpg

(Yes, those are a pair of Cooper Techniflex HG750 that I own and currently use. They're in amazing condition for 2009)

The similarities are there between the X60's and the Techniflex...High cuff, angled back rolls. And the all the improvements I could want on the Techniflex are on the X60's, split fingers, an updated palm.

No way I am parting with my Techniflex but from what I have seen so far from the X60's, they'll be added to the arsenal of gloves I own.