Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

how much do skates usually go for at these kinds of sales?

at the nj devils sale they go for 100 to 250 nice bang for the buck. sticks are 50 and gloves 65. and game worn jerseys start at 275 =o

How do you show that you are a seasons ticket holder for the Leafs at the sale? And do you get to go in early or what?

most teams have "member" cards or whatnot.

This is the first year the thunder have ever had a team sale. The EM said that it would be first come first serve. The stuff there would include jersey's (new and used) some gloves, and some skates (used and maybe some new). Didn't sound like it would AMAZING, especially since it's their first sale like this who knows what the prices are going to be like.

Thanks for the response...

Didnt see it asked in the last few pages, so ill go ahead and ask.

I know its usually not till august, but when is the sabres sale?

Many people probably don't feel like reading through 90+ pages of thread to find a sale so maybe a mod should on the first post place all of the dates confirmed for sales this year. That way people can just refer to the first page and tada, questions answered!

Many people probably don't feel like reading through 90+ pages of thread to find a sale so maybe a mod should on the first post place all of the dates confirmed for sales this year. That way people can just refer to the first page and tada, questions answered!

They don't have to read 90+. 25 or so current. Either the answer is in the those 25 or so pages, or the person is gonna ask a question which will get them the response "Call and find out.........."

It is not my job to make people even lazier. It's called legwork and effort. I assume correctly that if you've played hockey you've heard these terms mentioned?

I dont get it. The point of this thread is for questions and discussion related to pro equipment sales, but it is unacceptable to ask when a sale is? I do appreciate the mods here, and respect that they take their own time to keep up the forum, but there are times I question your guys' judgment. The point of a moderator is to assist the users, not make life harder for them.

To some extent. At a certain point it becomes like an adult asking for their ass to be wiped.

As funny as this statement is, it is nowere near that extent.

This is a discussion board. Questions are part of discussions just like answers, so keep em coming.

As funny as this statement is, it is nowere near that extent.

This is a discussion board. Questions are part of discussions just like answers, so keep em coming.

Give a man to fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

As Drew posted in the original post, contact the team yourself. They will no for sure when it is, when it's going to be announced, where it's going to be held. They'll know far more than most on this forum.

Or at the very least, go to the little box near "search topic" and enter something like "Toronto" or "Leafs."

It is not my job to make people even lazier. It's called legwork and effort. I assume correctly that if you've played hockey you've heard these terms mentioned?

Whoa relax it was just a suggestion! :o

it's true that places such as MSH are set up to provide knowledge and information, however, contributions are the only way to make a forum successful. logging on here and repeatedly asking the same questions can hardly be considered progressive. it isn't difficult to search a team's website for info or email them with an inquiry & report back with your findings.

it's clearly annoying for some to click their way into here expecting something worth reading about, only to be bombarded with more uninformative posts.

It might be a good job. Google made billions making people lazier. :lol:

It might be a good job. Google made billions making people lazier. :lol:

:facepalm:

Actually, Google made billions by making people more efficent and productive. But, ya know, whatever.

Ugh, It was a joke, but there was a time when people had to go the library and really had to do research. While google has Clearly made people more efficient and productive, people now expect things faster while putting in less work, thus lazier but ya know whatever.

That's sick, I'm so psyched. I'm hoping to go with my friend and his uncle who happen to be STH's. I'm planning to pick up some elbow pads, shins, shoulders. Maybe a stick or two. If you can get in a day earlier, are you planning to take any MSH'ers in like some other people have? If so can I pm you about me and a friend tagging along?

Sorry for all the recent posts, a ton of people are probably annoyed by me now. But I'm just so psyched. Last question. For a day at least. Does anyone know if any Vancouver Canucks happen to use the New Total One Stick? Even if it's painted or anything? I'm thinking maybe some of the bigger players may use them, the only person who comes to mind is Kesler....last post for a while. Promise.

You usually can't go in with staff unless you're buddy buddy with the higher ups. I know a few non-staffers that got first dibs last year. It was the cousin of a guy who who knew the manager of the store. Even being friends with an office worker might not be enough.

I think he's staff, so Id take his word for it.

they are pretty organized with regards to limits and putting stuff out. what you see at the beginning isn't always indicative of what's available. the stuff doesn't sell out either, although last year all of burrows and keslers stuff was pre sold to some auction site.

I'll definitely be there, STH probably get access earlier as they have in years past, so I'll be there at 9-9:30. maybe even go the day before as well if my friend who scrapes the ice during TV T/O decides to go ;)

I'm hoping to grab demitras scribbled out warriors most of all.

Last year they held some equipment back for the actual sale and did 1 or 2 restocks for sticks during the day so yes it's true the stuff in the beginning isn't a good sign of what's available. Sticks usually sell out at these sales but I think the only reason they didn't at the previous sale was the one stick limit. They lifted that limit a few hours into the sale but everybody who wanted to buy a stick already went home.

Just hope Demitra's Warriors are in better shape than last years. They had a pair with no palms left for $75 and I'm not sure if they ended up budging on the price at all. What I'm really interested in is if they decide to move Hedberg's Penguins pads at a good price. Nobody in the right mind would pay $800 + tax for that. I'm surprised they haven't gotten the hint yet since the pads have been there for 9 seasons. I wouldn't mind picking them up for maybe $20 if they're really desperate.

Actually, Google made billions by making people more efficent and productive. But, ya know, whatever.

Well actually, Google makes billions by selling advertising space using Google Adwords and other applications....