Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdh

tuuk rocker vs sprung a6

I'm looking for frames that best match the feel of ice. I play ice hockey and have some old boots that I want to mount some inline frames on. I don't want to have any issues going from ice to inline and back. I don't plan to play roller hockey, so performance is not really a concern.

I've done some research on these boards and elsewhere and it seems the tuuk rocker chassis from smarthockey and the sprung a6/8 are my options.

Has anyone who plays ice hockey regularly tried both of these frames? Is there a prevailing favorite? I want these for off ice training and goofing around.

I played inline hockey about 10 years ago and at that time I remember how weird it was to go back and forth from ice to inline. I'm hoping to avoid that this time around.

I play ice more than roller and used the Tuuk Chassis for about 6 years before switching to Sprungs last year. I timed myself in both doing laps and I was about 3 seconds faster with the Sprungs. In addition, I feel the Sprungs provide better grip. The Tuuk Rocker chassis is a good chassis that does a good job mimicing an ice like feel, but in my personal opinion the Sprung Chassis is a significant upgrade.

Never used the Tuuk chassis, but I have the Sprungs mounted on an identical boot to my ice skates. There is literally no adjustment time for me when I go back and forth, it feels exactly the same. I had a problem with my inline boots recently and had to switch back to an old non-Sprung pair for a day, and I thought I was gonna kill myself because it felt so different. Played ice the next day and could definitely tell that I had to adjust back during the warmups. Never happens with the other pair.

+1 for the Sprungs.

Never used the Tuuk chassis, but I have the Sprungs mounted on an identical boot to my ice skates. There is literally no adjustment time for me when I go back and forth, it feels exactly the same. I had a problem with my inline boots recently and had to switch back to an old non-Sprung pair for a day, and I thought I was gonna kill myself because it felt so different. Played ice the next day and could definitely tell that I had to adjust back during the warmups. Never happens with the other pair.

+1 for the Sprungs.

I'm going to have to agree with the Sick One. I have 2 sets of RBK 7K ice boots...one with my E Pros, and one with my new Sprung A8 straight 80mm chassis. What really impressed me was the pitch between the two feels identical. Coming from Tours, the pitch being on the heels always threw me off from my neutral/toes down pitch of the E pro.