Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sc37

Boulder Hockey Shield Company

lexan has been known to crack or even shatter with a hard shot too. They use lexan for danglers on goalie masks(the piece of seethrough plastic that some goalies use. EX: MAF).

Has anyone used the Boulder Hockey Shield and can provide a review and a comparison to other combo shields on the market?

And the ugly mask that people seem to be refering to on this thread is the original one from the 70's.

http://www.hockeyfaceshields.com/id14.html

For the price I'm willing to give this a try, but I'm curious about the weight & how quickly it get's scratched. Also, if the vision is blocked when looking down at your skates.

There are so many good visors now when compared to the old itechs from the past. Do you remember the good old days when the whole visor would just be scratch central. Now a days you might get one or two little scratches but I do mean little. Nothing like what I use to put up with years ago.

I posted a review of the A Vision Ahead mask in the review section. I like the mask, it seems to be resisting scratches well so far. (20-25 games in). It isn't very light, I'd say 25% heavier than the Bauer 8500 I had on previously. There is some blocking of your view down at your skates, but no more than with a more typical mask.

It looks like their new ones are all polycarbonite now. The few mentions on MSH of the old version seem to be positive. I may have to try it, especially if I can do a local pick-up. Anyone seen one of these yet?

I just ordered one of their new all polycarbonate masks...should arrive at the end of this week, I'm really Interested to see how I like it and if its better than the standard bauer "fishbowl". I recently switched from a half shield to a full cage after 7 stitches from a high stick. I dont mind the cage but figured for the price I would give one of these a shot.

Got mine the other day. Shipping took forever and they sent me a black one instead of a white one that I ordered. It didn't even come with mounting hardware. It's a nice piece though. I told them I'm probably gonna return it but they said to give it a try anyway to see if I like it. They'll still refund my money if I decide to return it.

Got mine the other day. Shipping took forever and they sent me a black one instead of a white one that I ordered. It didn't even come with mounting hardware. It's a nice piece though. I told them I'm probably gonna return it but they said to give it a try anyway to see if I like it. They'll still refund my money if I decide to return it.

What would you use to mount it now? Those Itech clips so you can pull it up or what? Let us know. Still don't know if I want to pull the trigger on one yet till I read some reviews from you guys.

What would you use to mount it now? Those Itech clips so you can pull it up or what? Let us know. Still don't know if I want to pull the trigger on one yet till I read some reviews from you guys.

Yeah, they basically told me to use the parts from my visor or itech/bauer concept II shield. I'm returning it. I specifically ordered the white one for a reason and they sent me the wrong one. They even sent me an email asking me what color I wanted and I replied with "White" not "Black".

Yeah, they basically told me to use the parts from my visor or itech/bauer concept II shield. I'm returning it. I specifically ordered the white one for a reason and they sent me the wrong one. They even sent me an email asking me what color I wanted and I replied with "White" not "Black".

Will the hardware from a regular cage work? according to shipping tracker I'll be getting it in friday so I guess ill find out. I ordered the black. After I ordered it I thought maybe I should have ordered the clear since I started wondering about whether I will be able to see the puck down in my skates with the lower portion being black.