Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chakal

2007-08 NHL new uniforms: Chakal's version

Emphasis on flags. Why do they have the single flag on the shoulder? That's the symbol for a tropical storm, correct? I could be wrong but I think a hurricane is symbolized by two flags.

Exactly - one flag is tropical storm, two for hurricane.

Supposedly they couldn't fit it on the patch. But yeah, it's a goof.

Yeah, the org acknowledges that it's not correct. The reason they did it as one... exactly what JR said, two on the patch wouldnt have fit. The flags are on a hockey stick, and to keep the proportions of the stick right, you'd have to make the flags really small, or make the stick really big. but you cant make the stick too big otherwise it wont fit on the jersey. if you make the flags to small, you cant really see them.

And because the patch is wrong, it hasnt appeared as a crest on a 3rd jersey. the 3rd jersey plans were black with "Carolina" written out, plus laces. cant remember if it was script or block like rangers

Go back at the first post a click on the 4th sets of jerseys. I've added new ones, but I have to say, I hate what I did with the Kings. I did it after a wrestling show while I was still too hyped up to go to sleep.

943204193_9ae5455db5.jpg

944464180_9242064bee.jpg

Didn't know where to post this, so posting it here.

Now, first off, this isn't the most spectacular design on the face of the planet, and I'm no designer. My skills are mediocre at best. heh (Also, I wanted to do a white version but got tired of working on things.. maybe someone here is feeling creative and can do a white jersey based on this, who knows).

My main reason for doing this design up is to show how the orange can be incorporated without completely taking over. Most of the fan-based renditions I've seen use the orange *WAY* too much for my liking, and if the Sharks go with something more along these lines, I'll be a much, much happier camper.

Anyway, just another silly concept to rip apart :)

*EDIT* Added the Away Jersey.

Those aren't half bad, coming from a sharks fan. I like the new logo and the use of teal and orange (and i'll probably be shot for that comment). But those are good and the lines on the side give the illusion of fins.

Just to follow up on this, I did a couple of others. I was looking at the "retro style" 3rd jerseys and I had ideas like this:

Avalanche.gif

capitals.gif

flames.gif

rangers.gif

rangers2.gif

wild.gif

senators.gif

The Rangers jerseys were based on the old 1920's and 1930's New York/Brookelyn Americans. Senators "O" logo from the first Ottawa Senators team in the same era.