Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JPS

Douglas Shoulder Pad question

I was in the Sabres team store at the arena last week, and when I was looking at the equipment from the team I wound up picking up a pair of those old-school style Douglas shoulder pads.. cheap.

One problem though... there's a belt or something that has to go around the midsection. Two loops on the back and a snap on each side of the lower front pads.

Does anyone know where I can find a belt or what ever it is that is supposed to go there?

I was in the Sabres team store at the arena last week, and when I was looking at the equipment from the team I wound up picking up a pair of those old-school style Douglas shoulder pads.. cheap.

One problem though... there's a belt or something that has to go around the midsection. Two loops on the back and a snap on each side of the lower front pads.

Does anyone know where I can find a belt or what ever it is that is supposed to go there?

I used to have some of those in high school...Great pads, very protective.

They are basically football pads, so a good replacement strap should be fairly easy to find. Check the local sporting goods stores.

If you have to rig one on your own, use a strip of elastic about 2in wide and long enough to wrap around comfortably. The "clasp" (for lack of a better word) was a flat piece of metal that was kind of shaped like a "clasp" on bib overalls.