Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry94

how do I clean hockey gloves?

I just bought used hockey gloves...Eagles...for 5 bucks cdn...and I need to clean them. can I just huck them in the washing machine or do I have to hand wash them? or is there some sort of "secret method" only the hockey obsessed know about?

If it's just the stink, look for a special hockey steam cleaner. Some places have them. If they are just like dirty (although I don't see how they would be) hand wash with water only.

When i was my gloves i just throw them in the washer with a little more detergent than usual to get the stink out and to make my palms white again.

so the gloves are washer safe? then how to I dry them?  air dry or dryer?

Yes the gloves are washer safe. Don't use too much detergent though cause it will lather up in the foam and might not all come out. Just air dry them as if they were wet after a game. If they really stink you might want to wash them once, use them a couple of times, then wash them again. Oh, and use a gentle cycle. No sense in beating the crap out of them in the washing machine.

I read a while ago over on CB that if you submerge them in chlorine water, ie a jacuzzi or pool, that they wouldn't stick. I tried that and it worked, until the second half of the season fixed that...

12 - 24 hours. Probably on the lower side if you can get them under a cieling fan or by a box fan on low.

Guest phillyfan

Heard that you can take equipment, put it in a freezer bag, freeze it overnight and spray it with FeBreeze the next day, rids the smell, but I don't recall it specifying gloves, just equipment. Worth a shot if all else fails.

Guest Stax7

Yah i was wondering about that as well? And i cant remember what its calleed but u take it to this place and get it cleaned. Its usually in hockey rinks though.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by the word "hot". Hot as in nice looking or hot as in literally hot to the touch (I'm trying not to make a fool out of myself answering the wrong thing, you know)?

Like did you make sure he didn't steal them so you aren't buying stolen goods. $5 for Eagles is really low, infact $5 for ANY gloves is really low, and you might wanna double check your sources, just incase.

i bought some hockey tape here at the sportmart and it went all gooey and made my glove all goeey and black. Is there any way to clean the palm, or do I just throw them in the washer?

i bought some hockey tape here at the sportmart and it went all gooey and made my glove all goeey and black. Is there any way to clean the palm, or do I just throw them in the washer?

Ya that is exactly what i want to kno, i use white tape on the handle of my stick, and after a few games the tape residue just sticks right onto the palm, is there any way to remove this sticky residue from the palms of my gloves?

I found febreez athletic spray (silver bottle) works great for stink/smell if you spray a couple times inside each glove after playing. Then let them air dry and it doesn't damage the palm at all either

Ps not all gloves are washer safe I ruined the palm of some old warrior pro stocks with the black material palm

Cleaning your gloves, i have a few videos on that on youtube look up my name. Or be lazy and read below. Either works.

1. Grab your gloves.

2. Turn on the water on the hottest setting on your tub, or dish sink so long as its deep enough.

3. Once the water is steaming hot throw the gloves under, and let the water flow into the gloves, after a few seconds you'll see the water start running at a different color. don't be alarmed, it's simply someone elses "stank"

4. Once the water is running more clear now and the smell is not as potent (oh yeah you might get a nice airy smell when the water is running say..brown). You can remove and do the same to the next glove.

5. Use laundry detergent the liquid. Might i suggest using arm&hammer with oxy clean on it, the blue bottle with powerboost. Or Tide with Sport Febreeze in it.

6. Use a toothbrush you no longer use or your room mates toothbrush cause they've made you angry. Scrub the outer shell and bindings.

7. Pouring a little soap on your hands and or just drip some off the cap into the glove itself and rub it in nicely into the inside of the glove. once you've got it nicely latherered/worked in. You can run the gloves under the hot water again to rinse them off. If you have OCD like i do, repeat one more time.

8. If you want and or have the 'Natural' fabric softner, its the one that doesnt grip onto the fabric and doesnt allow it to breathe, you can pour some in. usually i don't.

DRYING.

9. using your resident Shampoo and Conditioner bottles, or something similar, stand them up and slip the glove on so it drains downward. this keeps the palm facing up and keeps it from holding any excess water that may cause any type of say...molding.

10. after they've drained enough

11. Consider Using your nearest little itty bitty fan point it at the gloves, palms up again! and flaps outward and turn it on. The gloves will be 100% dry in under 25 minutes.

12. While drying, make a sandwich and make a run to the local store, mosey on over to the shaving aisle and find the yellow color Barbasol, (it has a really cool Sheeps Wool called Lanolin, dont dare call it sheep wool fat, it doesnt like that)

13. Run back home, finish sandwich, wash hands and go back to the gloves, using the barbasol put the shaving cream on your hand palm. Put hand inside glove, rub barbasol nicely into palm inside the glove. Once rubbed in (<-heh) the palm will feel like a silky feel. Keep glove on and pour a small ammount or 'enough' into the outside of the palm, repeat process.

14. Once done, grab dryer sheets and put them inside the gloves. Use the dryer sheets inside the gloves unless you're playing, once youre done after a game, back in they go. Your hands will smell nice, and so will your gloves. Once home after every game, spray them with Febreeze anti microbial.

15. That's it.